LHR. Directions from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

MNmariner

I’m trying to figure out how to get between Terminals 3 and 4 at LHR and would appreciate any info.

Our son and his family are arriving at 10:45pm on an American Airlines flight (terminal 3) and they have reservations at the Premier Inn in terminal 4. They leave out of terminal 5 the next day. I understand they could take the Heathrow Connect and it is free if they have an Oyster card.

What if they don’t have an Oyster Card? Can they buy tickets and how much are they? We could give them our Oyster cards but there are still 3 children (11-15 years). Can you buy Oyster cards where you catch the Heathrow Connect? They will need the cards for later in their trip.

Are there taxis between the 2 terminals and will they take 5 passengers plus luggage? Is there a bus?

Sorry for all these questions but I’d like to give them some good directions so they are not trying to figure it out late at night.

Thanks so much for any help.

No need for Oysters - they are only required if you use the London Underground Trains.

Free shuttle trains run between Heathrow Central station (Terminals 2 & 3) and Terminal 4, There are four trains an hour.

To get from T4 to T5, take bus number 482 or 490 (destination: Heathrow Terminal 5) from Bus Stop 7 for a free transfer between terminals.

The details are here - http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals

No need for Oysters - they are only required if you use the London Underground Trains.

Free shuttle trains run between Heathrow Central station (Terminals 2 & 3) and Terminal 4, There are four trains an hour.

To get from T4 to T5, take bus number 482 or 490 (destination: Heathrow Terminal 5) from Bus Stop 7 for a free transfer between terminals.

The details are here - http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals

Thank you so much for this information. Not sure why I was so confused about the Oyster Card but now it is very clear.

For some Terminal changes it can make sense to use the Underground. The journey is free between Heathrow stations, but you need Oyster or contactless to access and leave the stations.

This does not apply here, as Bob has described. The situation is complicated because of the Heathrow (one-way) loop on the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For some Terminal changes it can make sense to use the Underground. The journey is free between Heathrow stations, but you need Oyster or contactless to access and leave the stations.

This does not apply here, as Bob has described. The situation is complicated because of the Heathrow (one-way) loop on the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. All of you British folks that write here are a huge asset to this board - I knew I’d get a good answer here.