Ms Volendam boarding times

we will be cruising on the Volendam in October out of Yokohama Japan, and it says 8pm sailing time. I was wondering if I'd have time to see the sights in town that day and then board in early evening or is boarding time in the morning/early afternoon only?

Thanks

we will be cruising on the Volendam in October out of Yokohama Japan, and it says 8pm sailing time. I was wondering if I'd have time to see the sights in town that day and then board in early evening or is boarding time in the morning/early afternoon only?

Thanks

Yokohama, Japan will be a "turnaround port" on October 13 this year with Volendam scheduled to arrive around 0700 from Hakodate, Japan. A "turnaround port" means the end of a voyage, in this case, Volie's 15-day trans-Pacific cross from Vancouver, BC. First priority will be to get her outgoing passengers and their luggage off the ship in a timely fashion. I would anticipate boarding for new guests like yourself to start around 11:30-Noon.

I would suggest checking in, getting rid of your luggage, and then going back out to enjoy some "Yokohoma". The only thing you need to watch out for with a 8:00 pm departure that evening is at what time her mandatory passenger muster drill is scheduled, since you will be obliged to attend that bad boy. You can find the time of the drill inside your "When & Where" daily program. Enjoy that 14-day Asian adventure to Shanghai, PRC!

The plan suggested by Copper 10-8 is what did last October. I checked in at 1pm, which was very quick, and was back out to look around Yokohama port area. The Yokohama Octoberfest was happening, lots of German beer, sausages and bands. Also further along is the Ferris wheel and white training ship.

The muster drill I believe was held at 7:30 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The plan suggested by Copper 10-8 is what did last October. I checked in at 1pm, which was very quick, and was back out to look around Yokohama port area. The Yokohama Octoberfest was happening, lots of German beer, sausages and bands. Also further along is the Ferris wheel and white training ship.

The muster drill I believe was held at 7:30 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The really nice white training ship is the 1930-built Nippon Maru, rigged as a four-masted barque, and part of the Yokohama port museum as a museum ship. She was operated by the Tokyo Institute for Maritime Training to train cadet officers for Japan's merchant marine. She is docked just in front of Sakuragicho Station, directly below the Landmark Tower. In the background of the pic is the giant Ferris wheel, known as 'Cosmo Clock 21' and located at the Cosmo World amusement park in the Minato Mirai 21 district of Yokohama

Nippon_maru.JPG