Drinks Package Upgrade

dr8

Hi all!

My wife and I have just booked a cabin on Pacifica (from Rio to Savona). At the time of booking, there was a promotion that included the "Pranzo & Cena" drinks package (wine, soft drinks and water during meals) for transatlantic cruises.

I, unsuccessfully, tried to upgrade this package to "Piu Gusto" (paying the price difference, of course) through my travel agent and Costa's reservation service. The only option they offered me was to pay Piu Gusto's full price.

For my cruise, the current prices of the drinks packages are (per person):

Pranzo & Cena: US$ 356.83 (US$ 20.99/day)

Piu Gusto: US$ 654.33 (US$ 38.49/day)

I would gladly pay the US$ 300 difference. But paying US$ 650,00 seems a bit too much since we already have the other package.

As a last resource, should I try the upgrade through the Guest Service once on board? Is there anything they could do?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks!

As far as I am aware any extras that are booked before the cruise can be removed up to five days before sailing without charge.

I booked two tours earlier this year on line but decided against them later just clicked remove in our 'My Costa' as you do not pay for anything before finishing the cruise if paying by credit card on board.

Take a look in your booking signing into 'My Costa' see if the package is there.

Thank you for your help. I just logged on "My Costa" and the only extra included is the "Service Charge".

When I called the reservation service, I was told that the drinks package included in my reservation had a value of US$ 0.00 and, therefore, they couldn't use it as a discount for a better package.

I don't have much hope but I'll try one last time on boarding day (through Guest Service).

Once again, thank you for your help!

Thank you for your help. I just logged on "My Costa" and the only extra included is the "Service Charge".

When I called the reservation service, I was told that the drinks package included in my reservation had a value of US$ 0.00 and, therefore, they couldn't use it as a discount for a better package.

I don't have much hope but I'll try one last time on boarding day (through Guest Service).

Once again, thank you for your help!

Okay now it makes sense, the package is included in the cruise price, therefore cannot be removed.

That said, all packages normally include drinks up to 9 euros, drinks above that are chargeable but at a reduced price.

Now if you want say Johnny Walker Red & tonic, (11.50) you buy one whiskey, and then a tonic, taking price to 9 euros or under.

Also bottles of wine are charged at half price for wines not on Costas package list.

There are lots of things that Costa give to some and not others, water for Americans but charged for English, OBC to some not others & so on.

Anyway look back in Mid Feb at I will let you know about any change in dining after our 25 cruise with them.