Questions about 25% credit on cruise for cancelled Breeze cruise

So I got the email about my cruise being refunded and a 25% credit on a cruise booked by 10/27/17 etc. my question is, can I book through a travel agent or must I book through carnival direct? Also, if I already had a cruise booked, but not paid in full, could I simply apply that credit to it?

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

What I did was back in2005 . Carnival canceled my cruise and gave me 25%off too. I turned around and rebooked it with them over the phone. To my surprise, they gave me a upgrade room . I was so happy [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And the please post the answer here to help others who might find themselves wondering about how this might work if they were similarly affected by a similar situation in the future.

So I talked with a carnival rep, and he informed me that I get 25% off the cruise fare, and it could be applied to the cruise I'd already booked in January of 2019 which only had the deposit on it. I know you get different answers depending on the Rep you get, but I'm going with that answer. This works best for me as I can do that today. I'll look for a replacement cruise because that one is way off in the future and I'd anticipated cruising now! I have to coordinate with friends before I book the "replacement cruise." Hope this helps anyone else that needs it.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

So I got the email about my cruise being refunded and a 25% credit on a cruise booked by 10/27/17 etc. my question is, can I book through a travel agent or must I book through carnival direct? Also, if I already had a cruise booked, but not paid in full, could I simply apply that credit to it?

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

I was on a Splendor cruise in March 2017 that had to completely change itinerary two days before sailing due to an engine problem, we could cancel with full refund or take the cruise get a 50% refund and a 50% off of the next cruise. They send you a letter which directs you to a special site where there is a reimbursement form where you can enter your new booking number and they will apply the credit to your new booking. The credit is the percentage (in my case 50%) off of the basic cruise rate of the cancelled cruise not the new cruise. The link is http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx Hope this info helps.

Well my credit was applied, and as I figured, the credit was not 25% off the cruise it was applied to, but 25% of the price I paid for the cruise that got cancelled. I got a refund back for my excursions, but not my fun shop purchases or my cruise fare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It takes about two weeks for it to show up

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Well my credit was applied, and as I figured, the credit was not 25% off the cruise it was applied to, but 25% of the price I paid for the cruise that got cancelled. I got a refund back for my excursions, but not my fun shop purchases or my cruise fare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will get the money back for the cancelled cruise and the fun shop purchases, it just takes a little longer than setting up the 25% credit. For the record, they USED to do 25% off the future cruise fare, then they realized that many people were using those discounts to go on high priced cruises (holiday, kids vacation time, etc.) vs. the price they paid for the cruise that was cancelled. That's why they went to the new procedure.

So I'm clear on this... if the cruise is cancelled, they will give you back the Funshop purchases and excursions in the form of a credit to the card you paid for them with, correct?

I also heard that if you used Carnival gift cards for payment, you'll get a replacement gift card in the amount you used on the gift card (I used both credit cards and gift cards for my purchases so I was wondering what would happen- but I don't really care because my cruise WILL NOT be cancelled)!