Costa Pacifica vs Msc Splendida for Norwegian Fjords

ahzach

Hello! I am between booking the 11 day cruise of Costa Pacifica to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 16th of August 2015 and booking the 11 day cruise of Msc Splendida to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 12th of August 2015. The itenary is very similar. I was wondering which is the best ship of the two. I would prefer to go with Costa as they are owned by Carnival and therefor they may offer a more American experience but the Msc Splendida seems a bigger and nicer ship. Prices are identical. How do these two ships compare in terms of public ares, food, service, entertainment, etc? I would prefer if they offered open seating dining and I know Costa does not. I will either book a Suite on Costa or an Aurea Suite on Msc. We are a group consisting of two people. I have sailed with NCL twice before, once on the Norwegian Jade and once on the Norwegian Star. How does Costa and Msc compare to NCL?

Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...
MSC offers a way more american style cruise. ( atleast thats what i heard )

I would choose the Favolosa.

I disagree. There is nothing American about MSC in Europe. perhaps you're getting confused by posts about the Divina which is sailing out of Miami and been adjusted for the US market.

Haven't sailed Costa on Europe only Indian Ocean and SrabiN Gulf,. It isn't very American but slightly more so than MSC which isn't at all. I'm not familiar with the size of the Pacifica but the Splendida is a large ship. Been on her ister and she is definitely stunningly beautiful. She may be a bit large for the Fjords though. She does have a covered pool, so if it isn't that warm, you'd still be able to use one of her pool areas.

Costa Pacifica gave us a fantastic cruise but the decor is garish and ugly IMO

MSC seems to be a bit more tastefull

Food on both cruise lines very similar.

MSCs drinks package is slightly better value