Club Mariner

Just completed a 10-day Baltic cruise on the Voyager which included the Regent Club Mariner program. There were 35 youngsters, about half younger than 13 years. we had a 17-yr. old granddaughter. She got: tour of bridge, tour of galley, tour of backstage area and frequent interaction with dancers. Two young women were fully assigned to Club Mariner as "Coordinators" of daily activities - activity participation wasn't mandatory. I didn't hear of any difficulties between the youngsters and the rest of the passengers.

It was a port intensive cruise and part of the deal was that the youngsters were able to fully participate in excursions. GD loved the active excursions and the shows - especially "Krew Kapers."

There were probably 25 kids (ages 12-18) on our recent Mediterranean cruise, and they were all perfectly behaved. There only appeared to be a half dozen or so in Club Mariner, but the rest of the teenagers seemed to be having fun and were not disruptive in the least. And yet they would get plenty of dirty looks from grumpy passengers for no reason at all. :confused:

It was a port intensive cruise, which probably helped. I would guess that cabin fever on a trans-Atlantic cruise might get the better of some kids (and probably me too).

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN