cabin question

happy traveler69

If you book a guarantee cabin on deck 6 you are guaranteed to be at least on that deck, but you MAY be assign a cabin on a higher (not a lower) deck.

You are also guaranteed the type of cabin you booked the guarantee for, so if you booked a 4E interior guarantee which is on deck 6, it's possible that you could actually end up in a balcony, though not likely but I have had it happen to me once.

thank you! we have a guarantee balcony- nothing else specific (I think). so, just wondering, would we be on deck 6 or 8?

do those balconies on deck 6 have obstructed views?

the booking page shows no balconies available on 7.

Which ship?

If you book a guarantee cabin on deck 6 you are guaranteed to be at least on that deck, but you MAY be assign a cabin on a higher (not a lower) deck.

You are also guaranteed the type of cabin you booked the guarantee for, so if you booked a 4E interior guarantee which is on deck 6, it's possible that you could actually end up in a balcony, though not likely but I have had it happen to me once.

How do you book anything besides interior/OV etc guarantee? I've never seen an option to book a guaranteed 4E or so on. Just guaranteed interior and the like.

How do you book anything besides interior/OV etc guarantee? I've never seen an option to book a guaranteed 4E or so on. Just guaranteed interior and the like.

That's what I was going to ask as well. I haven't seen any other designation besides IS, OV, or BLC gtys.

Just because I have never seen it doesn't mean it isn't possible though.

Bill

thank you! we have a guarantee balcony- nothing else specific (I think). so, just wondering, would we be on deck 6 or 8?

do those balconies on deck 6 have obstructed views?

the booking page shows no balconies available on 7.

There are no obstructed view balconies on Conquest. Deck 7 is very popular, because there are rooms both above & below--helps to cut down on noise possibilities. Deck 6 is risky, as some spots are directly above the loud dance club that goes late into the night, or above the comedy club & other late night venues. These typically are the last rooms to get picked, and people who have booked guarantees might get them. Deck 8 has the public lido deck directly above most of it. Below the buffet area is not a big deal at night. Below the outdoor areas around the pools can be noisy (chair scraping early morning & all day, late deck parties, etc). So, best of luck getting assigned a good, quiet spot.

I haven't either. But I have heard several people mentioning being able to book a 4E minimum or 8C minimum and so on. I have no clue how they do it. It must be a TA thing somehow. Anyone who is unaware of this special secret trick will be booking an interior/OV/balcony guarantee, with the lowest category in each room type being a possibility.

You can't. The only choices in GTY are cabin type (Interior/OV/Balcony.....maybe a suite). Now on the Conquest, since there are no balconies below deck 6 you can be assured you will be at least deck 6 or higher with a GTY balcony. Otherwise, any deck, any cabin is possible with a GTY.