Silver Spirit musings

texasskier

My wife and I are considering the April22, 2017 (5709) cruise from Barcelona to Rome on Silver Spirit. I realize that some of the reviews can emphasize the negative but thoughts of shabby and stained staterooms and less than stellar service make me wonder if we should just take a pass on this ship and perhaps Silversea altogether. We have previously sailed happily on Shadow in Asia, but serveral years ago. What guidance can recent cruisers offer? Thanks for your input.

My wife and I are considering the April22, 2017 (5709) cruise from Barcelona to Rome on Silver Spirit. I realize that some of the reviews can emphasize the negative but thoughts of shabby and stained staterooms and less than stellar service make me wonder if we should just take a pass on this ship and perhaps Silversea altogether. We have previously sailed happily on Shadow in Asia, but serveral years ago. What guidance can recent cruisers offer? Thanks for your input.

We very much enjoyed the Spirit last year but thought we missed the Wind. We didn't experience shabby and stained staterooms on either ship. Went back to the Wind this past spring and actually missed the Spirit. There are aspects of both ships that are better than the other but both are good to excellent. Granted we've not tried Seabourn or Regent but right now we've no reason to leave Silversea and are planning a Baltic cruise next year.

Quit reading reviews and ask posters here. The majority of reviewers have a negative attitude and find it a platform to discourage others.

I was on for 32 days on two different cruises in Jan/Feb and then again Mar/Apr. Every aspect was exemplary.

Love SPIRIT and its CREW :)