Patch for seasickness ???

jnc411

Hi, just would like to know if anyone knows if you can purchase the Trasaderm motion sickness Patches in the Pharmacys in Mexico ?? We have a prescription from the Dr., but thought they might be less expensive there . now the price is up to $48- to $ 32 for four patches. So if we can get them in our first stop in Mexico that would be a help. But if not we will have to bite the bullet and get them here. :( My husband uses them I just use the Meclazine pills that work for me ,but the patch works for him. Thanks for any information from you well informed cruisers. :)

Cori

You can get 2 for $10.95 without a prescription from one of the online pharmacles in Canada. Shipping is $4.00. Mine just arrived yeaterday. Just type in Transderm-Scop in the search engine and look for the one site that sells them for $10.95. I can't remember the exact site address.

Good luck.

Yes, make sure you do not have a reaction. I have always taken the patch and the only thing that bothers me is that I have a dry mouth. Not a big problem but there have been some people who have blinding headaches, blurry vision, etc. Just make sure you read the directions.

Marilyn

Thanks , yes he has used the patch in the past with no problems, but they are getting more and more expensive , that was why we asked if they were available in Mexico as it will be our first stop. My daughter had used the patch in the past and had problems with it also , she will not use it again, I guess it depends on the person. My husband swears by them, me I just use the generic bonnine , meclazine and it works for me. Anyway thank you to all of you for your information. It is appreciated.

We leave in 6 days. whoopeee

Cori

Aren't you supposed to put patch on 4 hours before you travel. That's what I always did. I would be afraid that once I got traveling I might get sick and when I finally put it on in Mexico it would be too late?

I agree..if you are waiting to buy TransdermScop for Mexico, you may be too late. Spend a few extra dollars to get it before you leave, and enjoy ALL the days of the cruise.

THEN, if you see them in Mexico, for less money, buy some for your next cruise if it is within the expiration date.

After dry mouth and other side effects that left me feeling "out of it", I cut my patch in half before applying it. I leave it on for about 3 days before changing it, and a half does the job plus I feel much better. I weigh about 128 lbs....pre-cruise :)

Happy Sailing - I leave tomorrow!!

Barbara

Yes I know we need to put the patch on before we leave, but we actually have two left from last cruise , but that won't get my DH thru a 15 day cruise so we need a couple more in case of rough waters. Just trying to see if they also offer them in Mexico , if not we will get them here. Just thought perhaps someone on the boards might have some experience in getting them in Mexico . Thanks again all. :)

Cori

I have an MD friend who perscribed something different after hearing my complaints about Scop costing 8 bucks each.Promethazine is what it's called and it's cheap, 20 cost me 7 bucks.

Used it only twice with no side effects, but you do sleep good when the time comes.

Like any of them, if you drink you go to the next level, I don't, so it wasn't experienced.

Archived