Seattle question...

OldBaldGuy

I hope that this isn't a repeat question. I am currently the camp host at a state park campground with no internet service, so I don't get to play very often, and don't have time to do a long search.

We are taking the Norwegian Sprit out of Seattle to the Inland Passage in July, will fly into SEA the day before. Can anyone recommend a place to stay that is either near the airport with a shuttle to the pier, or a place near the pier (reportedly the Bell Street Pier) with a shuttle from the airport???

Thanks, OBG

Hi, don't know for sure but I don't think hotels in town shuttle to the airport, it is a bit of a distance. However there is a good airport shuttle service for a fee that will either take you into down town or to the pier , I might suggest that you post this question on the other board that lists Hotels pre and post cruise, it has several threads on it about Seattle.The hotels nearer the airport will be quite a bit less expensive than the hotels downtown, but you will not be able to see the sights in downtown then. Depends on what you want to do. Have a great cruise, we did the inside passage on the Sapphire Pricess last September, really great expericence.

Cori

I live in the Seattle area and Cori is correct that the airport is not anywhere near the pier area and there is absolutly nothing to see near the airport except a busy highway lined with hotels. The two closest hotels to the Bell St Pier would be the Edgewater ( right next door ) or the new Marriott which is also very close. Both of these will be more expensive than an airport hotel but are located right downtown within walking distance to the waterfront restaurants and shops and Pike Place Market. If you want to see any of Seattle, then I would reccomend that you stay downtown. You could try Priceline, any of the downtown locations would be just a short cab ride to the pier.

I don't think any of the hotels offer free shuttles from the airport but I could be wrong about that. If you have specific questions about the area, let me know!:)

Archived