RSSC Navigator Refurbishment 2016

Urban legend says that the Voyager hit a large rock shortly after being built that caused the aft vibration (not fixable). The vibration is dependent upon the speed of the ship and the seas. We have sailed in an aft Seven Seas suite and felt the vibration quite strongly in the bathroom but not as much in the bedroom. The noise is different depending upon which deck you are on. A couple on a very long itinerary felt like they were sitting on the engine (lower deck) but got used to it.

We have not stayed in an aft suite on the Navigator but felt enough vibration in the theater and in La Veranda to know that it would be an issue for us.

The Mariner basically has minimal aft vibration. Although the Voyager is our favorite ship, itineraries in the past year or so have had us on the Mariner (also our next 3 cruises). We stayed in an aft Seven Seas suite in April, 2015. I absolutely loved the suite (deck 7) but my DH heard a noise/vibration/??? at a certain speed that drove him crazy. However, kennicott, we find the Mariner to have less vibration than Regent's other two ships.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I can tell from the cruises scheduled for the Navigator:

February 29 Navigator docks in Miami and does not go out again until March 10th

Also - March 31 Navigator docks in Barcelona and does not go out again until April 13th

I may have missed something but figure it will happen one of those times. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regent have confirmed on their website that Navigator will be in dry dock from 31 March 2016 for a couple of weeks for a major refurbishment. I have two questions.

1. Is it getting rather tatty, in which case I might not book a cruise on the Navigator before then.

2. Does anyone know what will be re-furbished.