Cabin A428 Azura

Gillypat

Can anyone please tell me if this balcony cabin gets unobstructed sun or is it shaded by an overhang and is it smaller than the cabins on C deck? I hAve been offered an upgrade from C ToD but am not sure if it really is for me an upgrade as I wanted the larger balcony.Help!!!

Can anyone please tell me if this balcony cabin gets unobstructed sun or is it shaded by an overhang and is it smaller than the cabins on C deck? I hAve been offered an upgrade from C ToD but am not sure if it really is for me an upgrade as I wanted the larger balcony.Help!!!

The D deck balconies are not overhung but are smaller as far as I remember. We had a c deck balcony last year and very much enjoyed the additional space. The C deck balcony is half over hung, so it gave us the choice of sitting out or under, so to speak.

If you are on D deck, you can look down directly over the side of the ship, as opposed to C deck where you only look down on to the D deck balcony below. Depends if you like supervising the docking manoevers and the pilot trying to come alongside to board etc!

Have you looked at the deck plans?

Edited by starryuk

Agree with Spideygirl. The balconies on C deck are much bigger than on A and it is partly covered. We have booked a C deck cabin for our next cruise on Ventura as they are the same.

Michele

A428 is probably only regarded as an upgrade because it is mid-ships, your C Deck cabin is probably towards the fore or aft. Also note that A428 is near the lifts which is likely to experience heavier traffic and therefore potentially more noise than those further from the lifts.

We have stayed on A Deck only once, many times on C Deck and agree with the others that C Deck is much better. Nice large balcony with the choice of sun or shade, big enough to share with friends or family for pre-dinner drinks etc..

We have booked adjoining cabins on C Deck again next week on Azura to the Fjords.

Thank you very much everyone for the advice,have been on phone to TA and we have our original cabin C328 back .I am sure we will be much happier as the main reason for going select was to choose the cabin we wanted!:)

Thank you very much everyone for the advice,have been on phone to TA and we have our original cabin C328 back .I am sure we will be much happier as the main reason for going select was to choose the cabin we wanted!:)

You have made the right decision:cool:

• 6 months later...

:)

Gillypat I saw your review on the Strictly cruise and need some feedback if you can spare a moment or two.

I am a Solo traveller coming from Oz for the Strictly Cruise in July 2016 on Azura.

Did you attend any of the dance classes? if so how did they handle the singles?'If there were dances in the evening what were they like and again if there were singles did they end up as wallflowers? Finally how many Professional Shows were there and were you able to mingle with the Pros?

Was the cruise good value for money? Hope you can help - thanks. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

I can't help you with regard to the dance classes as my husband and I are not dancers but we do enjoy watching Strictly. We enjoyed the theme of Strictly on the cruise and feel it added to the total enjoyment.The dancers dresses were displayed in the Atrium and were changed a couple of times, they are amazing, the bead work etc ,quite remarkable. We attended every " an audience with"

the dancers and the interviews were very interesting, the dancing was fabulous and we went to all the shows that they did.They were not all on the ship at the same time,and exchanged places at different ports. There was a dancing competition going on throughout the cruise cullminating in a grand final judged by Anton du Beke and two others,it was all very enjoyable. Was the cruise good value for money? we thought so.We had a balcony cabin ,select fare,and we loved it all.Excellent food ,entertainment and service. I don't know your itinerary but if it is the Baltic cruise my tip to you would be to take the 2 day tour in St Petersberg,it seems expensive when you book it but it was the highlight of the trip for us and turned out to be excellent value for a once in a lifetime experience .All other ports were easily done without excursions,the only other one we took was in Oslo.Hope this has been of some help to you and we did notice that there were several "solos" on the cruise,everyone was very friendly and they had a special meeting place for solo cruisers.I hope you have a wonderful trip.