Manzanillo, current taxi prices and resort suggestions

sprinkles

Hi All,

I have never been to Manzanillo and everything I'm finding is old information. Cruising with adult daughter in February and trying to figure out the best thing to do for a fun girls beach vacation.

First of all, what should I expect current taxi fares to be from ship to:

Barceló Karmina Palace, vs

Taxi from ship to Playa Miramar at Miramar Beach

Also would Playa Miramar still be the place to go to?

I currently have reservations for massages for us at Barceló Karmina Palace (took a phone call) and will have to pre-pay. Then when we get there we will also have to pay 850 pesos for a wristband to property to use pools beach, have drinks and food. We do not HAVE to buy a wristband, they will let us in and we can buy food and drinks on CC or with pesos, but we cannot step foot into the pool without a wristband or go on the beach for that matter. Also they were very kind in telling me that the old posts are wrong about going through the security gate to get to Las Hadas. They said the guards are getting really difficult and they tell guests to take a taxi to get over there. Also, Barceló has contracted with Carnival for the day to bring cruise passengers there.

Now, Princess does have a contract to bring you to and from Tesoro Resort for $89 and we could get massages there as well. I'f I'm guessing right that the current cab fares would be around $20 one way, we would save $40 going to Karmina Palace and probably have a little more time there since our ship docks at 7:00, we could probably beat the cruisers.

Anyone have any comments on Karmina Palace vs going to Tesoro.

Or anyone have any comments on just going to the beach? I'm thinking if we just go to the beach we would ask our Taxi driver to take us on a "little tour" then onto the beach (thoughts on that price)? Any and all suggestions appreciated, just want Daughter (30 yrs old) to have a nice day, it is all old hat to me, but new for her.

Thanks,

Tammy

Edited by sprinkles

Sorry, guess I could have posted more like a question. But since there seems to be other people interested in this topic. Got my email from the Karmina Palace all in Spanish giving me directions how to pay for the deposit for massages.

So after all the hassle and two phone calls to Mexico. DD and I decided to book the tour to Tesoro Resort for the day at $89 with Princess and will call tomorrow to see about getting massage appointments.

However, cruise is beginning of February so I will keep check of this thread. So please if anyone has any opinions about the Tesoro Resort, (through cruise ship, seems like a lot of money for short day) I would love to hear them. DD and I could always cancel, save money and just go to the beach.

Thanks,

Tammy

karima palace is expensiive, $75 pp just to get in

the afforadable FREE beach is nearby audiencia beach (lots to see and do, and boat tours right there), and then take a taxi by Las Hadas and walk in like ya own the place... for a self guided Bo Derek Dudley Moore '10' tour

don't worry about round trip taxi, taxis are waiting in line at the beach to take ya back to the pier

audiencia beach has all you need Playa La Audiencia (zoom out on the map link to see nearby Las Hadas east and Karima North East)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Playa+La+Audiencia,+Av.+Audiencia+S%2FN+Lote+8+Y+9,+Península+de+Santiago,+Manzanillo,+Col./@19.1052862,-104.3504488,18z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8424d69992a59877:0xe64a512b777acceb?hl=en

Here is the expensive Karima

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Barceló+Karmina+Palace+Deluxe,+Avenida+Vista+Hermosa+13,+Penínsulas+de+Santiago+%2F+Salagua,+28867+Manzanillo,+Colima,+Mexico/@19.104313,-104.3455994,18z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x8424d69992a59877:0xe64a512b777acceb!2sPlaya+La+Audiencia,+Av.+Audiencia+S%2FN+Lote+8+Y+9,+Península+de+Santiago,+28867+Manzanillo,+Col.!3m1!1s0x8424d130edbef555:0x20bfa18f3d15490c?hl=en

Just saw your 2nd post... Tesoro is at Audiencia... have fun

Thanks, Just decided to make it easy on ourselves and I think DD will have fun at the resort, new experience for her.

We have three other beach days on the trip in other ports. But thank you. You,lol probably be helping others though, seemed to be interest in this topic.

Happy Sailing Everybody,

Tammy