Disney Wonder AFTER Drydock Iten ?

lee101224

Hi all ,

Disney wonder is set to emerge from Cadiz , Spain Oct 23rd.

Does anyone have any info on the itineraries it will sail before heading back to the US ? if not any idea when they will be announced ?

Thanks in advance

So no plans for an few short little trips around the med before heading back ? even to show of or even try the new features ? Thats a shame :mad:

Although the dry dock part will have finished in late Oct (the inspection of the ships hull and maintenance on it), they will still be renovating areas and doing other maintenance all the way back to PC, and she will stay there until the work is complete before sailing to Galveston.

It is a shame, but by Nov when she is finished, it won't be med cruising weather.

They grossly underestimated the amount of time the Magic needed, and quite a few things were not installed or finished in time.

ex techie

Although the dry dock part will have finished in late Oct (the inspection of the ships hull and maintenance on it), they will still be renovating areas and doing other maintenance all the way back to PC, and she will stay there until the work is complete before sailing to Galveston.

It is a shame, but by Nov when she is finished, it won't be med cruising weather.

They grossly underestimated the amount of time the Magic needed, and quite a few things were not installed or finished in time.

ex techie

Because DCL is in a unique position, and much of their stuff needs the specialized installation by the Imagineers, I wonder if it isn't a work visa problem in Spain, and they had to only bring supervisors and hire local workers for the grunt labor?

Could be Chief.

The Magic has had two dry-docks at Navantia to re-imagine her to where she is at now. I think they are just trying to re-imagine the Wonder in one longer dry dock. And of course they have a better knowledge of the shipyards capabilities, workmanship, and time scales for the renovations.

I've just had a look online and I don;t know if the Magic sailed after her first re-imagining with Guests aboard. She did from Barcelona after the 2nd part.

ex techie

• 2 months later...

So the Wonder has just moored in Lisbon Portugal this morning and is scheduled to head back to Florida. There will be a few trial runs with VIPS/executives...no public or families of cast/crew from what I hear. The first sail with public is November 14th from TX as scheduled on the DCL website.

So the Wonder has just moored in Lisbon Portugal this morning and is scheduled to head back to Florida. There will be a few trial runs with VIPS/executives...no public or families of cast/crew from what I hear. The first sail with public is November 14th from TX as scheduled on the DCL website.

The first sailing is the 10th, not the 14th.

4-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston

Sail Date November 10, 2016

Ship Disney Wonder

Ports Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; Galveston, Texas

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

According to Port Canaveral's Port Authority Cruise Ship Master schedule, the Wonder will return to PC on November 1, be in port for 2 days and depart on Nov 3rd for a 1 night "shakedown" trip, returning on Nov 5 (they have a contingency to return on Nov 4 if they encounter anything that needs immediate attention) I believe the over night trip will be to Castaway Cay and back. It will depart again Nov 5 for it's 2nd shakedown trip (again with a contingency return on Nov 6th if necessary). And returning on Nov 7, to debark those who sailed with her and then she'll depart for Galveston that day at 5pm.

Wonder is underway from Lisbon, enroute to Port Canaveral, but not going directly there. Her projected track shown on marinetraffic.com shows that she is likely going to make a stop at Castaway Cay before going to the port. Can't say I blame them !

Possibly so the Captain can practice docking in the slip?

ex techie

Could be. There may be some differences in handling with the addition of the "ducktail", so they might practice bow-first and stern-first docking.

Or perhaps they're just giving the crew a day of R&R on a nice warm island after so much time in chilly Cadiz....:cool: