Disney Visa card

Eileenfa1

I was thinking of getting a Disney Visa card. Do you get any offers for it on cruise ships? I saw they take off 50.00 bucks for Disney world vacation. Disney cruise is expensive for us and it would be a 25 anniversary trip for next yr dec 2017. Tia

Nope no special discounts. You do get 6 months interest free financing for your cruise, though. Sometimes there is a $50 onboard credit per stateroom but not always.

Edited by NTmom

That's not a very good discount. I'd get a Target card (or debit card) and buy Disney gift cards using that, then use the Disney gift cards to pay for your trip.

And your Target card will give you the ability to use it on ANY DCL cruise....a *GT booking or whatever.

Keep in mind that when you pay for your Disney cruise with your Disney Visa, you get 6 months no interest to pay it off.

You also earn rewards on all purchases, not just Disney purchases, and the rewards can go toward your trip. We used our rewards for onboard spending (because we use rewards more regularly for trips to WDW, we didn't have a lot).

• 8 months later...
And your Target card will give you the ability to use it on ANY DCL cruise....a *GT booking or whatever.

Moki can you further elaborate on this? I was thinking of applying for the Disney Visa but it sounds like that target option is better to save some cash on trip... hey every little bit helps right? LOL!!!

How does the Disney gift card work into it? Are they purchased at a discount?

TIA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, you can't get the Disney Visa benefit on a *GT booking or any other discounted booking.

You can purchase Disney gift cards using your Target credit card. Target will run specials (like on black Friday) where they will discount gift cards by 5%. Sometimes there is a limit on the amount you can buy, sometimes not. Sometimes store and on line, sometimes store only. You can then use these gift cards to pay for any cruise you book (they spend just like money) resulting in a 5% discount on that portion you pay for with the gift cards.

You can piggyback this discount--for instance, if you get 10% off for a rebooking on board, you can pay for the balance with the Target cards. You'll pay the deposit when you do the booking.

We just canceled our Chase Disney Card after having it for several years .

It was free , got us $200 credit after first few months and a $50 OBC

on a DCL cruise or two plus minor benefit at WDW resturants and shops.

However the fact that only returns 1% even on Disney purchases , it just has run its course .

Many other cards have better rewards % and we won't use any card that has an annual fee .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will look out for that Moki and great point MCC !! I was browsing around and there are cards with better rewards % and no annual fee ( which I agree is nuts to pay). Someone else also mentioned that the Disney gift cards may also be available on the discount gift card sites so I will check there and report back!!

Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Scott at the disneycruiselineblog has reported that the $50 onboard credit which could be used for beverages is to be phased out and new perks will start for sailings starting January 1, 2017.

New perks include:

• 10% off select photo packages
  • 10% off select merchandise
  • 10% off CC Getaway Package
  • 20% off select massages or facials

For full details: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/09/disney-visa-dcl-perks-changing-phasing-50-onboard-credit/

ex techie

ex techie

We just canceled our Chase Disney Card after having it for several years .

It was free , got us $200 credit after first few months and a $50 OBC

on a DCL cruise or two plus minor benefit at WDW resturants and shops.

However the fact that only returns 1% even on Disney purchases , it just has run its course .

Many other cards have better rewards % and we won't use any card that has an annual fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, we have the premier one and I am starting to think the same thing, especially since our last and next cruise is not with DCL.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I got the Disney Premier Visa card a few months ago and it has the following perks:

Earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations.

Earn 1% on all your other card purchases.

So you get 2% back on Disney purchases.

It has a $49 annual fee.

Plus the $200 you get for spending $500 is a statement credit, not a gift card. That makes it easier to redeem since it just is applied to your account directly.

Edited by reedl

I got the Disney Premier Visa card a few months ago and it has the following perks:

Earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations.

Earn 1% on all your other card purchases.

So you get 2% back on Disney purchases.

It has a $49 annual fee.

Plus the $200 you get for spending $500 is a statement credit, not a gift card. That makes it easier to redeem since it just is applied to your account directly.

We just used our rewards redemption card at WDW. We had over $3000 on it. It paid for all of our food and booze for five adults for 10 days. It was well worth it.

We just used our rewards redemption card at WDW. We had over $3000 on it. It paid for all of our food and booze for five adults for 10 days. It was well worth it.

That's great. However I prefer my card that gives me real dollars that I can spend anywhere. I have a Disney Visa, but it has been relegated to my "just in case" card rather than my everyday use card. However, when we go somewhere Disney, the Dis Visa comes along.

OK' date=' you can't get the Disney Visa benefit on a *GT booking or any other discounted booking.

You can purchase Disney gift cards using your Target credit card. Target will run specials (like on black Friday) where they will discount gift cards by 5%. Sometimes there is a limit on the amount you can buy, sometimes not. Sometimes store and on line, sometimes store only. You can then use these gift cards to pay for any cruise you book (they spend just like money) resulting in a 5% discount on that portion you pay for with the gift cards.

You can piggyback this discount--for instance, if you get 10% off for a rebooking on board, you can pay for the balance with the Target cards. You'll pay the deposit when you do the booking.[/quote']

That's a good strategy Moki. I've got to pay down the balance on my WBPC cruise in December, and if Target runs the 5% special, I am inclined to try this. Do you have to use a Target credit card for the purchase of the Disney Gift Cards, or can I use any credit card? Will most travel agents honor the Disney Gift Cards?

You have to purchase the Disney Gift Cards with a Target credit card to get the discount. (I think a Target debit card will work as well, but cannot personally verify that). BE SURE you get DISNEY gift cards, not Disney STORE gift cards which are only good in the store.

I've never heard of a TA refusing to honor a Disney Gift Card. Of course it is a little more work for the TA to do a payment with multiple cards rather than one credit card. DO save the cards--if for any reason you are owed a refund, it will be applied to the card.

Most of the time, this special is available on Black Friday. If I remember correctly, last year there was an amount limit on line but not in the store....but that may not have been last year! It is available at other times as well; you just have to watch for it.