What's new?

mdpseattle

I've previously sailed a few years ago to Mexico ports: Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. My upcoming cruise on Princess stops at these 3 ports. Is there anything new that really stands out? I've explored all 3 ports a couple times, looking for something new or different to do.

Just an observation from somebody who has lived in Puerto Vallarta for the last 11 winters (more than 2 months this year). Despite having spent nearly 2 years living in Puerto Vallarta we have never been bored. We were also born in NYC, have been there hundreds of times, and have never been bored or run out of things to do. It is the same with Paris, Rome, etc. So when we hear cruisers (and some travelers) saying things like "we have been to such and such a place once or twice" and want something new to do...we kind of wonder ). As to the 3 ports mentioned, you are in Mexico! Enjoy the culture, food, shopping, booze, sea, beaches, botanical gardens (near PV), music, sun, etc.

As to what's new, we would have to list the devalued Peso (against the US or Canadian Dollar) as the big news. 10 years ago you would get about 10 to 11 pesos to the dollar. You now will get more then 20 Pesos to the dollar. If taking advantage of Mexican things (as opposed to tourist things aimed at the tourist market) your money will go far.

Hank