ShoreExcursioneer El Cielo and Columbia Snorkel with Playa Mia Beach Club Excursion

SquishTheWhale

Hi all

Really struggling to decide what to do in Cozumel, it will be our first time there! I like the look of the Cozumel El Cielo and Columbia Snorkel with Playa Mia Beach Club Excursion offered via Shore Excursioneer, has anyone done this? I'm a bit nervous with it being a long excursion on getting back to the port in time. We sail at 5pm so all aboard will be 4.30pm- on the NCL Escape in October. I like that you get to visit several different places, with it being our first and maybe only time in Cozumel it will be good to do a variety of things- but does this mean it will be rushed?

The other two options I am tossing up are Chankanaab or Paradise Beach. We will be beaching it on the other 3 stops though, so although we love beach time I was thinking of doing something different in Cozumel so swaying away from Paradise Beach.

Any advice as to what to do?!

Hi all

Really struggling to decide what to do in Cozumel, it will be our first time there! I like the look of the Cozumel El Cielo and Columbia Snorkel with Playa Mia Beach Club Excursion offered via Shore Excursioneer, has anyone done this? I'm a bit nervous with it being a long excursion on getting back to the port in time. We sail at 5pm so all aboard will be 4.30pm- on the NCL Escape in October. I like that you get to visit several different places, with it being our first and maybe only time in Cozumel it will be good to do a variety of things- but does this mean it will be rushed?

The other two options I am tossing up are Chankanaab or Paradise Beach. We will be beaching it on the other 3 stops though, so although we love beach time I was thinking of doing something different in Cozumel so swaying away from Paradise Beach.

We're looking at doing that same excursion in November. I've used shoreexcursioneer a couple times for other tours before and they were great! They definitely want to get you back to the ship on time, no matter which excursion you do. I think the snorkeling will be better from a boat at Columbia Reef than it is at Chankanaab. And El Cielo looks too good to pass up! Playa Mia would be a bonus to go play on the toys.

- Another option for you guys (depending on how many are in your party) is to do a private boat tour that takes you to all those same places. We're looking into fishingcozumel.net as an option, since we'll have at least 6 in our party. It works out to the same price as when you go with 20 or 30 other people on the group excursions. Look at their "snorkel and beach" private tour if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for all the info, really useful! I've emailed them to ask about timings.

The private boat sounds great but theres only 2 of us! And everyone on our roll call has other plans

Also - email them ahead of time (before you book excursion). Tell them the times you are scheduled to be in port. They will look it up and let you know if there is enough time for that particular excursion. Our ship is there from 7 - 4 in Nov. (Royal Caribbean), so one company already emailed me back that we would not be able to get back in time. Bummer...

So I'm also looking into a couple different sailboat / snorkel excursions. Try cozumelboattrip (the Adelaide) or cozumelsailing (the Tucan). They both look like fun! Good luck!!

• 1 year later...

Hey there! I'm looking to book with Shore Excursioneer with this exact excursion. Did you end up going with them? If so, what was your experience?

Hi all

Hey there! I'm looking to book with Shore Excursioneer with this exact excursion. Did you end up going with them? If so, what was your experience?

Hiya, in the end we did a similar excursion but went via the cruise line instead. For us the price difference was small, but I think that was partly down to the GBP-USD exchange rate! I think the Shore Excursioneer one we had to get a taxi to the meeting point which made it the same price as via NCL.

The boat was operated by Playa Mia so you could look at their prices too. It was a good excursion- the boat was pretty basic and nothing fancy, but it did the job. The guides were very good and kept an eye on everyone in the water. They had all the snorkel equipment if you needed it.

It went to Palancar and El Cielo rather thsn Columbia reef. The Palancar reef snorkel was very deep but so clear- saw loads of fish, and a turtle. El Cielo is less deep, lots of starfish and also saw a stingray. My husband felt the reef was a bit too deep and scary but I absolutley loved it. It's a drift snorkel so you don't have to do lots of swimming.

On the way back they played music and served rum punch and beer. It was about 1hr each way to the reef but it could be less depending on where you dock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for your quick and very thorough reply. It helped me decide as I didn't realize that Shore Excursioneer did not include the transportation. Plus I did see some...worrying reviews so I decided to play it safe and book through another trusted agency. I wanted to book through the cruise line as well but it looks like they don't offer it through RC unfortunately.

Again, I appreciate the awesome feedback. I do have one last question regarding Playa Mia. How long did you guys have at the Resort? We have an hour listed as our timeframe but that seems rather short for an all inclusive beach resort. (Perhaps it is because the ship departs at 6:00pm?) Also, anything you feel is a "must do" at Playa Mia?

Thanks in advance for you advice! :)

Hiya, in the end we did a similar excursion but went via the cruise line instead. For us the price difference was small, but I think that was partly down to the GBP-USD exchange rate! I think the Shore Excursioneer one we had to get a taxi to the meeting point which made it the same price as via NCL.

The boat was operated by Playa Mia so you could look at their prices too. It was a good excursion- the boat was pretty basic and nothing fancy, but it did the job. The guides were very good and kept an eye on everyone in the water. They had all the snorkel equipment if you needed it.

It went to Palancar and El Cielo rather thsn Columbia reef. The Palancar reef snorkel was very deep but so clear- saw loads of fish, and a turtle. El Cielo is less deep, lots of starfish and also saw a stingray. My husband felt the reef was a bit too deep and scary but I absolutley loved it. It's a drift snorkel so you don't have to do lots of swimming.

On the way back they played music and served rum punch and beer. It was about 1hr each way to the reef but it could be less depending on where you dock.

Thanks so much for your quick and very thorough reply. It helped me decide as I didn't realize that Shore Excursioneer did not include the transportation. Plus I did see some...worrying reviews so I decided to play it safe and book through another trusted agency. I wanted to book through the cruise line as well but it looks like they don't offer it through RC unfortunately.

Again, I appreciate the awesome feedback. I do have one last question regarding Playa Mia. How long did you guys have at the Resort? We have an hour listed as our timeframe but that seems rather short for an all inclusive beach resort. (Perhaps it is because the ship departs at 6:00pm?) Also, anything you feel is a "must do" at Playa Mia?

Thanks in advance for you advice! :)

We didn't actually stop at Playa Mia on ours, although I did see some excursions that included beach time. Our boat was Playa Mia branded though so it must have come from there!