Sojourn Questions

DaisyUK

Hi all, we are considering one of the newly launched Alaskan cruises in June 2017 which look like fantastic itineraries. Have previously cruised with Regent and Oceania. Love Oceania, but have been advised by our TA that, for Alaska, we would probably be happier with Seabourn. We are considering one of the larger suites (have been spoiled on Oceania) and our concerns would be whether a) the food and b) the accommodations would be comparable to Oceania. Does anyone have experience of both lines?

If Oceana is really this good why are they not considered a "luxury" line? We also considered Oceana, particularly their newer ships, but opted for Crystal and were swept away after having travelled mainstream lines previously. We have scheduled our first Seabourn cruise for next spring, primarily based upon itinerary. However, we are not big drinkers, so the all inclusive spirits is not a game changer for us. Aside from itinerary, the food and service are priorities and if Oceana fares well with the "luxury" lines in that respect perhaps we should take another look. I am afraid that just as Crystal dazzled us, the same may be true for Seabourn, with half the number of passengers. The though of cruising on a smaller ship is very appealing. The more spoiled we become the more the price goes up!

Edited by pdx13

I have just asked pretty much the same question on another thread 'Seabourn vs Oceania' which I noticed after posting my original question. There are some interesting responses which it may be worth you taking a look at...

I have just asked pretty much the same question on another thread 'Seabourn vs Oceania' which I noticed after posting my original question. There are some interesting responses which it may be worth you taking a look at...

Yes, I meant to respond on the other thread. Not sure how I ended up here.