Dining Arrangements

rhelms

We have a group of 10 with an upcoming cruise on the NCL Jade. Does anyone know if the Jade can accommodate a group of this size on a single dinning table at any of the dining venues?

Appreciate the assistance.

This must be a boring topic - nobody jump in to offer suggestions or ideas ... okay, let me give it a try.

Haven't done the Jade but like you, been on a # of fleet ships & they are all very similar in MDR setup, which I assumed to be your question. It should be simple to go see the host/ess on the first day & setup something for the party of 10.

Nowadays, they prefer larger group to be seated at 5:30 or 6 PM, easily for them to staff it & you can even get the same table & server team each night if you wish - sort of like dining on RCI. For variety, I would suggesting spliting up between going to the large MDR and the small MDR, if you wish & insist it - maybe dining late at slightly off-peak time - they should be able to give you a big round table and/or long tables.

Look at your ports & itinerary and anticipate the group's most likely preferred time to dine & let the host worked out sometime - some have reported success calling ahead into NCL with the request, but it sort of defeat the purpose of freestyle dining ... besides, maybe for 1 or 2 nights, keep it open for variety so that everyone is free to do their own, do specialty, buffet or O'Sheehans.

P.S. note any special diets & meal preference, as they know the menu ahead of time for the week - so take that into consideration when planning so that the group won't miss out prime rib or seafood specials, etc.

Thanks for the input. Your suggestion about discussing our needs with the hostess is a good one. Was hoping we could share some dinning times as a group.

My mistake was in the title. It should have read "Dinning Arrangements/What is included with the UDP?"