Venice: Disembark to Plane in 3 Hours?

Baletrina

We disembark in Venice at 9am. The best flight option for us departs Marco Polo at 11:55am. If we were to extend our trip to the next day the price for the flight jumps a $1000. For me the extra time is worth it but for my husband that's a $1000. Will we make the 11:55am flight or do we bite the bullet and book for the next day?

Thanks in advance! I just need to book this so I can focus on the fun stuff!

We disembark in Venice at 9am. The best flight option for us departs Marco Polo at 11:55am. If we were to extend our trip to the next day the price for the flight jumps a $1000. For me the extra time is worth it but for my husband that's a $1000. Will we make the 11:55am flight or do we bite the bullet and book for the next day?

Thanks in advance! I just need to book this so I can focus on the fun stuff!

We had first group out of ship- 9:30 (we have priority with MSC) .I prebooked land taxi to airport so by 10:05 we made it there. By 11:30 we finally drop luggage and pass securities. Our plane was 1:55 and we hardly had 30 min to spear for food. Everybody around us keep talking how fast and empty was Airport this day. :rolleyes: I cannot imagine how it goes summer time.:rolleyes: We did everything fast . Now you decide by yourself what to do. I would not do it.

Thanks all! I looked up some older threads and the consensus is not to take the early flight. Looks like fog and customs could hold things up. I don't want the stress! On the bright side we get to stay another day!

• 2 weeks later...

Venice Marco Polo airport is currently being renovated and its messy. Our ship arrived at 9am, we were given 10am disembarkation time, it was 10.30am before we were called and 10.50am before we were off (based on cabin number and if you had a ship transfer booked or not), it was after 12pm before we got to airport (we did walk to People Mover then take local bus from P. Roma to airport, there are faster ways).

Bit more detail in my cruise review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2506253

Hope that helps

Lou