MSC Divina MDR Dress Code

Reds4life

;)

Thanks and by chance could you find out about the XD Pass? I have called but MSC says they don't know much but, they did say there is a pass but I would have to find out once aboard. I think my 11yr old would love it. We did the 4D theater pass on the Breeze and it was fantastic.

Pass is $60 and includes unlimited 4d theater, the car simulator and bowling alley. My eight year old is too short for simulator ( he sat in it and couldn't hit pedal ... no height given for it though) and the bowling alley was down already! We purchased but hopefully this doesn't bite ya in the fanny! I will get back to you next week with my take on the dining room dress code!

Please let me know.Were flying and I am not packing a whole lot. Could you also let me know if your 11 yr old like the kids club and if he does the 4 D theater or simulator.

Just off and in car for our loooong ride back north!

The pass is definitely worth the money. My husband did the car simulator and liked it but lines can be long (hence my impatient older son not doing). 4-d theater was nice, went a couple of times. Most bang for the buck came from the bowling. We went every night between dinner and show (although a couple nights it was one lane down as it seemed every time we went there was a group of young boys (ages maybe 9-12) who would be rough with it and break a lane or not let others play/take turns). In the afternoon, sports bar was quiet and easy to use. Only ate there once and food was good.

As for clothing, I am happy I dressed the boys as suggested. They wore shorts (mostly khaki or Old Navy uniform shorts) along with polo shirts. For the two formal nights, they wore botton down dress shirts and khaki dress pants. I took Downey wrinkle spray and only one pair of pants... works wonders!! That will help with packing! Just make sure he puts that napkin on his lap!! We had many people, staff included compliment us on how nicely behaved they were. I did not see kids in tee shirts or casual shorts in the MDR but I also did not see many kids in the MDR many nights. We went every night. We had wonderful table mates... I was worried how that would go but it was wonderful! If you have other questions, please ask.

FYI... neither boy was big on kids club. They disliked Disney and loved NCL. It seems wonderful for younger kids...maybe seven and under.

Ok...a whole other realm of confusion just came over me. From what I'm reading, there's TWO formal nights on a 7 day cruise plus white, italian, and hippy night ? Can you just dress normal on the latter 3 and still eat in the MDR? This is getting more and more stressful and annoying for my wife and I. We really just want to relax and eat good food lol. Playing dress up is not our idea of fun.

Ok...a whole other realm of confusion just came over me. From what I'm reading, there's TWO formal nights on a 7 day cruise plus white, italian, and hippy night ? Can you just dress normal on the latter 3 and still eat in the MDR? This is getting more and more stressful and annoying for my wife and I. We really just want to relax and eat good food lol. Playing dress up is not our idea of fun.

Will be doing MSC next year for the 1st time. The themed nights on other cruise lines are not necessarily for MDR but for after dinner. Many people do not dress up in the nightly theme. You are stressing over nothing. Not everyone dresses all that formal on RCCL on formal nights. Go and enjoy as there is nothing to worry about.

You can just dress normal on the other nights and eat in the MDR. From what I noticed of the three, only the Italian night had people really dressed and it was mostly in the colors (a red or green shirt with white bottoms). Don't stress!!

And yes, there are two formal nights. I wouldn't say over the top formal but definitely nicer dress than the other evenings.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, thanks to all for help in this subject. I have just a few more questions about dress code. First of all, after a few hundred dollars, I think we're all comfortably prepared for our first vacation where we feel pressure to dress a certain way to eat dinner. With that said, my wife has purchased a few dresses and outfits that appear to fit in for the MDR. We're from Ohio and maybe because we're just not used to the heat, we wear shorts 95% of the time on vacation. But, my first question actually is about the formal nights for ladies. She bought one sleeveless solid color dress which should be fine for one formal, and she bought a carribean looking long dress. In all the pictures and youtube videos, it looks like people are either going to a prom or a wedding. Is there no women who wear tropical type attire on formal nights? Second, as far as guys on formal night, I plan on wearing a shirt and tie. However, it seems strange to me to pack a blazer or suit jacket to wear to dinner in the tropics. Why do people insist on jackets but not a tie? To me that's a little backwards, but maybe things are different in Ohio. Any ideas or suggestions?

Ok, thanks to all for help in this subject. I have just a few more questions about dress code. First of all, after a few hundred dollars, I think we're all comfortably prepared for our first vacation where we feel pressure to dress a certain way to eat dinner. With that said, my wife has purchased a few dresses and outfits that appear to fit in for the MDR. We're from Ohio and maybe because we're just not used to the heat, we wear shorts 95% of the time on vacation. But, my first question actually is about the formal nights for ladies. She bought one sleeveless solid color dress which should be fine for one formal, and she bought a carribean looking long dress. In all the pictures and youtube videos, it looks like people are either going to a prom or a wedding. Is there no women who wear tropical type attire on formal nights? Second, as far as guys on formal night, I plan on wearing a shirt and tie. However, it seems strange to me to pack a blazer or suit jacket to wear to dinner in the tropics. Why do people insist on jackets but not a tie? To me that's a little backwards, but maybe things are different in Ohio. Any ideas or suggestions?

Reds, don't stress about dressing for dinner on the Divina. My hubby always wore slacks/golf shirts and on gala nights wore slacks w/shirt and tie and fit in with 80+% of the diners. I usually wore capris and a top, on gala nights I wore black slacks w/dressy top. as far as Italian night/flower power night and white night, they are just suggestions as what to wear. Over 40-50% of the people did not dress up specifically for those nights. Go, have fun, and relax.

DRESS CODE the clue is in the title

"SUGGESTED"

Provided you adhere to the rules in the bottom box, then you can do what you want.

NO need to stress about it at all

Just relax and enjoy your cruise/

dress%20code.jpg

Cruised on Divina twice; once in balcony cabins, the other in Yacht Club. As for dress code, a dress, skirt, or slacks is appropriate for MDR. Men should wear slacks and collared shirts; kids can get by with clean shorts and shirt. Nobody will question you. Formal nights are not as formal as you think. There are always those folks who go real formal with tuxedos and gowns; that's alright, let them do their thing. You can go to dinner on formal h

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

(Continued) night with a blazer and golf shirt (my preference) or shirt and tie with no jacket; dress nice and you'll be fine. I saw very few tuxedos in Le Muse (Yacht Club private dining room) on formal nights. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have dinner "uniforms" . Me 2 sundresses, a black skirt and two diff. Tops. Husband khaki pants, brown pants, 2 shirts. After dinner change and re wear a diff. Night. No one will notice...honest. Easy to pack. Kids. Mine had khaki pants three shirts sandals (shout wipes)