Did a 3 nt on Dream & have 7 nt Fantasy booked

Laurba99

Since our first Disney cruise experience was so short wondering what you enjoy the most from the 7 night trips? We saw all three shows and did pirate night and met every character. I feel like we did and saw so much in three days. What do you love about the longer ones? I guess the one thing we didn't really have was days at sea except sail day. We go to Tortola, St Thomas/St John and castaway(yeah! We loved that so much!)

We like the longer cruises so much more than the shorter ones; especially more than the three-day cruises. I think you will find it infinitely more relaxing as you don't feel the pressure to cram in everything possible on every day, and you'll have more time to explore the ship and enjoy all that it has to offer. And the three sea days are perfect for that.

You also have a couple of nice port stops. We love doing a catamaran sail it pf St. Thomas to snorkel over in St. John, and had a fantastic excursion to The Baths in Virgin Gorda out of Tortola.

There is all the difference in the world between a 7 night (or longer) cruise and a 3 night cruise. The biggest difference is TIME. THere is no way you can do everything on the ship in 2 1/2 days, which is all you have on a 3 night cruise.

Then, you'll have so much better ports, not matter which cruise date you select. The ports will be worth getting off the ship, and you'll be able to spend just a little or a whole lot and have a great time either way. You'll have 3 shows, but they will be different than on the Dream. You'll have the full pirate night experience, not something crammed in after dinner and the show. There are usually variety acts as well, and some adult only entertainment. There are on board classes--fun things like napkin folding, making towel animals, cooking (including handing out some of the recipes from the ship), movies to watch, trivia games, enjoying sitting out on the deck and letting the breeze mess up your hair, etc. It is a totally different experience than the frenetic "have to fit in everything" pace of a 3 night sailing. There will be 3 different games in Midship Detective Agency, mini golf, and various fun activities for families. Look for Mickey 200, boat building competitions, etc. Not everything is on any one cruise, but there are lots of fun things. Depending on ages, you might be interested in a character breakfast, morning wake up dancing with Disney,Jr. characters, etc. Each evening will be a different themed menu.

The only time I felt I was ready to get off the ship was on a cruise of 24 or 26 nights. 7 nights is just a starter in my book.

Best thing on the Fantasy 7-day caribbean cruise was the back-to-back sea days. Two whole days of enjoying the ship, getting up a little late if you want to, setting an easier pace than on port days. On shorter cruises (never taken a short cruise on DCL, though) the focus is really the ports, and the ship is an afterthought. On the Fantasy the ship itself was part of the experience!

-E

Thank you. This is so helpful! I have done three other seven night cruises but on different lines which is why I wanted this info. I had no idea pirate night would be different and not on the same

Night as one of the big shows. That makes sense! I am assuming character breakfasts are an additional cost? They were on the ship I just got off in April Allure with dreamworks characters.

I heard a broadway style full length show of Aladdin will be on our sail and we have a Star Wars at sea

Day which my son will love. He didn't have much time for the kids club so that is another thing I'm sure he will try again.

I'm excited to go. Never thought we would be able to do a 7 night Disney.

No charge for character breakfast, but complimentary ticket required so they know how many to prepare for. Character breakfast is not offered on all sailings.

Star Wars at Sea is only on specified cruises--I'm guessing you are booked on one of those. The Star Wars area of the kid programming space is available on all Fantasy cruises....just like Marvel Academy is on all Magic cruises.

Have fun!

Ok good!! The day I am

Allowed to I'll sign up. I think I get a little advanced time for having Disney visa. Yes our sail has the Star Wars day at sea or I wouldn't have ever heard

Of it. That was part of the draw as I know my mother in law will enjoy that with him

Ok good!! The day I am

Allowed to I'll sign up. I think I get a little advanced time for having Disney visa. Yes our sail has the Star Wars day at sea or I wouldn't have ever heard

Of it. That was part of the draw as I know my mother in law will enjoy that with him

No. A Disney Visa does not afford you any privileges for tickets or early booking.

As a Silver CC Disney cruiser you get to book your excursions at 90 days out.

Please read the boards and posts thoroughly!

Character meet and greet tickets are on a first come first serve basis once aboard the ship unless you are sailing as a Concierge Guest.

You are not guaranteed a ticket nor are the line responsible to provide additional Character meet and greets, so if you get them, then great, if not try again next time.

ex techie

I have the lowest level cc so is that not silver I assume?

Silver is the lowest level and that's where you start after your first cruise (Gold comes after five cruises and Platinum after 10). You will be able to reserve shore excursions and adult dining starting 90 days out, which gives you a 15-day head start on first time cruisers.

Aren't the character breakfasts different from the special character meet and greets that require the ticket and waiting on the long line as soon as you board? We opted not to wait in Sept of last year for the frozen meet and greet. And a princess one but obviously for anyone who hasn't been on DCL yet there are tons and tons and tons of characters to meet that don't require special tickets.

Aren't the character breakfasts different from the special character meet and greets that require the ticket and waiting on the long line as soon as you board? We opted not to wait in Sept of last year for the frozen meet and greet. And a princess one but obviously for anyone who hasn't been on DCL yet there are tons and tons and tons of characters to meet that don't require special tickets.

Yes. At a character breakfast, you eat breakfast and the characters come around to your table. These only happen on longer cruises--need to have enough sea days to get people who want tickets seated! They don't want a ship where 75% of guests can't attend.

At the ticketed meet and greets you stand in a relatively short line (you have a time on your ticket and must show up within a few minutes of your time), you know you will have your few minutes with the characters (they will not go on break), and they are more fancy than the "show up in the atrium" meet and greets. There is a backdrop themed to the character, music from the movie played while waiting, etc.

The "long line" for tickets is significantly different when looking at a longer cruise and/or smaller ship.