Photo package sticker shock!

Cruz4Sun

Not to nitpick, but the department is actually Disney Photo Imaging (DPI), which is a part of entertainment. Photopass is the role. I only know that because my daughter is a Photopass Photographer.
I am actually a coordinator with DPI . I called it PhotoPass because most Guests who come to the theme parks know us as PhotoPass (patches on our vest say as much) and not as DPI.(so yea a little nitpicky) Edited by magic1

I am actually a coordinator with DPI . I called it PhotoPass because most Guests who come to the theme parks know us as PhotoPass (patches on our vest say as much) and not as DPI.(so yea a little nitpicky)

LOL, here I am the student correcting the master :p

You may even know my daughter Sara, she works MK, mostly as a rover now.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for info on on board charges and also the print packages. I like your idea of sharing a small package.

Just a little note to tell the cc family that sharing a $149 10 picture digital package worked well for us. During the cruise we posed for group photos at the sailaway, pirates night, character photos, star wars, etc. always giving them my daughters card. The photographer would take several photos (whole group, kids only, grandparents and kids) so we had plenty to pick from. We ended up with a nice variety and each of us kicked in $50.

I still preferred the complete package deal we got at Disney World, but as I have told my kids once or twice, you don't get everything you want in this life. :)

Also, I think that it is worth noting that the photo prices on DCL are comparable to other cruise lines. This is more like industry standard vs the WDW to DCL comparison being made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I think that it is worth noting that the photo prices on DCL are comparable to other cruise lines. This is more like industry standard vs the WDW to DCL comparison being made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of that is because the Shutters CMs, like the spa are employees of an outside company. DCL contracts with that company. Since many lines use the same spa company and the same photo company, we tend to see very similar photo prices, spa specials, etc. across many lines. Obviously they must meet DCL's standards as expressed in the contract, but the CMs do not work for DCL.

In the parks. the photo employees are WDW employees...and WDW sets all the policies and prices.

Part of that is because the Shutters CMs' date=' like the spa are employees of an outside company. DCL contracts with that company. Since many lines use the same spa company and the same photo company, we tend to see very similar photo prices, spa specials, etc. across many lines. Obviously they must meet DCL's standards as expressed in the contract, but the CMs do not work for DCL.

In the parks. the photo employees are WDW employees...and WDW sets all the policies and prices.[/quote']

I agree and thank you for elaborating. I wanted to make that point because I saw a comment that stated that this wasn't family friendly, but it is more cruise industry standard. WDW photopass is run by WDW and photos are taken by their cast members, not professional photographers like on the cruise ships.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the same thing. We are already spending thousands of dollars on an upcoming cruise. To add another couple hundred for photos is ridiculous. Maybe I'll be disappointed I didn't book the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can book it at the discounted rate ($349 ?) and get a refund up until the day before the last day of your cruise if you don't like the results.