Seattle Transportation Question

Are Lyft & Uber pretty good in the Seattle area and from the airport to downtown? What about the service Wingz? We will also be using one of them from the airport to Downtown and from our downtown hotel to the Pier. I don't think we can manage the luggage and the hills. Any other recommendations of other companies?

On debarkation day, is it better to use a regular taxi or call a Lyft/Uber? I'm sure it gets really hectic at the port. Are Taxi's already lined up waiting?

Wingz isn't really yet going in Seattle - they're here, but not as evident as Uber. (Lyft is also here but also not as big as Uber.)

Taxis are present at both cruise terminals (Pier 66 downtown for Norwegian and Oceania, Pier 91 three miles north for everybody else.)

Most car services as well as cabs will run between $45 and $60 from the terminals to the airport; Uber will be in the same range or a bit less. At the airport Uber and Lyft are located near the taxi rank on the third floor of the parking garage, reached by skybridge from the terminal; they'll drop off at the departures level. There are also flat-rate limos in the same area; pre-ordered limos can pick up at the bag claim doors.

What about the cruise line transfer (to and from Seattle airport)? How does the Princess transfer work? What times are you picked up at the airport and how long does it take to get to the pier? Also, once off the ship and time to collect luggage and load the bus, how long does the whole 'off ship/get to airport' take?

From the airport, the cruise line buses pick up just past the southernmost baggage claim. There are clipboard dragons from all of the lines (sailing that day or not) and they'll direct you to a coach and relieve you of your luggage that you want to appear in the cabin.

When the bus is full (48 passengers), you depart the airport. Typical travel time is about 40 minutes. Buses start running about 10:00 and I believe the last scheduled one is around 2:00. If a flight with a substantial number of passengers who booked air through the cruise line is running late, they may wait a bit longer. With fewer passengers in that situation they'll use vans or taxis to pick up the stragglers.

Same scenario on the return - your party will fill the next available seats as you leave the cruise terminal and the buses will depart. Since almost all sailings arriving in Seattle are either circle trips or precleared in Vancouver, baggage and border formalities usually take about 15 minutes. Buses start leaving around 7:50 or so and the last one is usually around 10:00. When you get to the airport you're dumped at the far north end of the terminal at a temporary/common use check-in area.

Personally I'd rather have dental surgery without benefit of Novocain than ever use a cruiseline transfer. I can handle our bags, I'm good at Uber and I can make my desires known to drivers. Traveling with a DH the size of an NFL lineman, squeezing in and out of motorcoach seats starts and/or ends his vacation on a sour note and I try to avoid that.