Newport seafood

JoRoy218

I would say my first choice is The Moorings which is located about 2 blocks south of the tender dock on America's Cup Ave, but set back from the avenue

Another would be the Black Pearl which is located on Bannister's Wharf about 1 block south of the tender dock on America's Cup Ave.

And stll another would be the Lobster Bar at the Aquidneck Lobster Co which is located on Bowen's Wharf about ½ block south of the tender dock on America's Cup Ave.

SBtS

• 7 months later...

My husband and I are regulars at the Mooring on Sayers Wharf. We usually sit at the bar but the view from the deck is lovely. It is one our favorite restaurants. They have wonderful chowder.

The Black Pearl is also a good choice. They will have a new patio by this summer as it is currently under construction.

If you have enough time Scales and Shells is a great place for fresh seafood as well. It is located several blocks down lower Thames Street. Head south from the tender dock on America's Cup and make a right at the 'wave' statue, Scales and Shells is several blocks down on the right.

Superdave57, Brick Alley Pub is known for their lobster rolls. They are located on upper Thames Street in Brick Market. When you get off of the tender, cross America's Cup to the shopping area called Brick Market.

My husband and I are regulars at the Mooring on Sayers Wharf. We usually sit at the bar but the view from the deck is lovely. It is one our favorite restaurants. They have wonderful chowder.

The Black Pearl is also a good choice. They will have a new patio by this summer as it is currently under construction.

If you have enough time Scales and Shells is a great place for fresh seafood as well. It is located several blocks down lower Thames Street. Head south from the tender dock on America's Cup and make a right at the 'wave' statue, Scales and Shells is several blocks down on the right.

Superdave57, Brick Alley Pub is known for their lobster rolls. They are located on upper Thames Street in Brick Market. When you get off of the tender, cross America's Cup to the shopping area called Brick Market.

thanks so much for the valuable info -

You are very welcome!

Newport is a very special place.

JoRoy218, also on Banister's Wharf, next to the Black Pearl is Clarke Cooke House/The Candy Store. They also have great seafood. I like all three levels but would recommend the ground or mid level. (Upstairs in the SkyBar/Summer Porch it gets a bit pricey.) Just like the Mooring I have never had a bad meal in any of these places. All of the restaurants (except the Summer Porch/SkyBar) have menus posted outside so that you can see if there is something to tempt you.

Enjoy!