Singapore - Earliest time for flight?

helenb

The only non-stop flights back to our home from SIngapore are once a day at 9:30 am. The cruise ship docks at 7 am (although I think it often docks earlier) and we have elite status so we can be among the first group to disembark with walk-off. Google maps says it's about a 20 minute drive to get from the cruise terminal to the airport. So if everything goes perfectly, we'd be at the airport about 2 hours before the flight.

I'm pretty sure I know what people are going to say, but just wondering if anyone can give any personal experience of trying to fly out the day of disembarkation from Singapore?

I'd say that is almost impossible. I have disembarked a couple of cruises in Singapore and it is always a crazy shambles getting off the ship and then through immigration, etc, especially if the ship has stopped in Malaysia beforehand. They scan everyones luggage and carryon before leaving the arrivals hall. Ques everywhere. The last cruise there I think it took about more than an hour to get off the ship and we arrived at the airport after 10am and we had a mid afternoon flight.

In no traffic it might take only 20 mins to the airport, but 25-35 wouldn't be uncommon.

Most international flights prefer you to checkin at least 90 mins before so you would need to be there by 8am.

Singapore is a fabulous city, save the stress and spend a night there.

Otherwise maybe look at booking the flights through the cruise line. then it becomes their problem to get you home if you miss the flight.

I am far from a worry wart and hate to get to the airport earlier than I have to but have to agree a Singapore disembarkation will take a lot longer than a Florida for all the reasons above. I have also waited an hour for a taxi in Singapore. If you asked about an 11am flight most would say don't risk it and I would say go for it but 9:30 really requires everything to go perfectly. Even with a fully changeable business class ticket I would say it is not worth the chance the next day's flight is full.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

We have a flight booked for 12.50 back to the UK, we are going to disembark ourselves and I know we arrive in Singapore the day before so we are overnight in dock. What is the earliest we can leave the ship and are there buses that go to the airport or just taxis.

Thanks

Hi,

We have a flight booked for 12.50 back to the UK, we are going to disembark ourselves and I know we arrive in Singapore the day before so we are overnight in dock. What is the earliest we can leave the ship and are there buses that go to the airport or just taxis.

Thanks[/quot

We disembarked Singapore in January. We Asked for the earliest disembarkation slot. I can't remember the exact time but I do recall that we were off the ship earlier than our planned time. We experienced no queues at immigration or the taxis and were checking into our hotel by 8.30am which included the taxi driver getting lost.

We are back in Singapore next January and doing a b2b on Constellation. The ship arrives in Singapore the night before and we considered booking a flight which would have meant leaving the ship late on the day before disembarkation. Our TA checked with Celebrity who confirmed this would be allowed as long as we notified guest relations a few days earlier. I also asked for written confirmation that this would be permitted.

In the end we decided not to do this.

However I don't think you will have a problem - we've found taxis to be plentiful and quite cheap. Not sure about buses although the cruise line will no doubt be offering transfers. Another option is the metro which is very easy to use and goes to the airport.