QE 50th Anniversary Cruise - 8th Sept 2017

Dajo5601

Just trawling for any information that might be out there or from anybody "in the know" regarding the above " Queen Elizabeth 50th Anniversary Cruise" sailing out of Southampton on 8th September 2017. We actually booked this cruise whilst on board the QE last October due to itiniery and very generous OBC, having no knowledge of it being designated an "Anniversary" cruise.. We have now become aware that this is now being advertised as an "50th Anniversary" cruise but really don't know what - if any - special or interesting events we may experience.

Two years ago we booked a cruise which turned out to be the anniversary of the sinking of the Lusitania and found, and experienced, quite a few special experiences, including a fantastic day in Cobh in Ireland at the actual anniversary celebrations.

Anybody who has more info than I have (which is minimal), I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in anticipation,.

David.

The voyage details - http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qu/2400-q729-sou1-sou2/ - mention a special dinner on 20 September and the speakers include Commodore Warwick and Maureen Ryan. Elsewhere on the website, Captain Ian McNaught is also listed as a speaker. Lots of special memories will be shared, I'm sure.

Edited by Fifer
Spelling