Royal Princess cabin above Crooners Bar

svsw

Wondering about cabin E414 on the Royal Princess, it's located above Crooners Bar. Should we be concerned about the noise level in this location? Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Thank you.

Wondering about cabin E414 on the Royal Princess, it's located above Crooners Bar. Should we be concerned about the noise level in this location? Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Thank you.

Our room in July on ol' EPpy wasn't above the Crooners Bar but I can approach your question from this angle: Crooners is a little anemic as a partying/boistrous drinking establishment, so even if the probably quite-adequate floor and room architecture buffers aren't up to snuff, I can't imagine you'd hear much of anything anyway. Now if you were closer to, say, the Wheelhouse, or [OMG] Skywalkers Lounge, you may have a bona fide concern.

Edited by Chunder Worthy

Our room in July on ol' EPpy wasn't above the Crooners Bar but I can approach your question from this angle: Crooners is a little anemic as a partying/boistrous drinking establishment, so even if the probably quite-adequate floor and room architecture buffers aren't up to snuff, I can't imagine you'd hear much of anything anyway. Now if you were closer to, say, the Wheelhouse, or [OMG] Skywalkers Lounge, you may have a bona fide concern.

Really? the Wheelhouse? my cabin is right above the Wheelhouse, is this a noisy location? should I switch?

Really? the Wheelhouse? my cabin is right above the Wheelhouse, is this a noisy location? should I switch?

No. Really, there's no need. I only compared the Wheelhouse (a civilized English pub-style bar) to Crooners (evocative of a classy, sedate, old school martini bar) as a form of benchmark. The former might be twice as active the latter, but 1 + 1 is still only a 2. On the other hand, Skywalkers (disco/club, etc.) can get seriously noisy, a 10; the other two don't compare in any way shape or form. Sorry for setting off an unnecessary alarm.

These are just my personal opinions but I'm sure others will chime in and more or less verify that you're perfectly fine where you are.

Edited by Chunder Worthy

No. Really, there's no need. I only compared the Wheelhouse (a civilized English pub-style bar) to Crooners (evocative of a classy, sedate, old school martini bar) as a form of benchmark. The former might be twice as active the latter, but 1 + 1 is still only a 2. On the other hand, Skywalkers (disco/club, etc.) can get seriously noisy, a 10; the other two don't compare in any way shape or form. Sorry for setting off an unnecessary alarm.

These are just my personal opinions but I'm sure others will chime in and more or less verify that you're perfectly fine where you are.

Phewwwww.... makes me feel better.

OP: I did a little research, and found some Princess Platters; checked the schedule for the Wheelhouse bar (in my case), but you can check Crooners schedule (especially at night) and see the activities they offer. That way you get a relative idea of the noise level. (Let's say Karaoke would worry me, or a dance party late at night). Here are the platters for a Caribbean sailing:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-princess-patter/

Royal Princess has very well insulated rooms, you don't even hear the toilets flushing in the rooms next to yours.