Accessibility in Bahrain and Doha ports

Biotcruisers

Hi,

We are planning on going on MSC Splendida in March 2018. My wife is in a wheelchair and are looking for up to date information about the accessibility of these ports i.e. can you walk/push to the port gates or do you need to use a bus? If a bus is needed are they wheelchair-friendly?

Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Hi,

We are planning on going on MSC Splendida in March 2018. My wife is in a wheelchair and are looking for up to date information about the accessibility of these ports i.e. can you walk/push to the port gates or do you need to use a bus? If a bus is needed are they wheelchair-friendly?

Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I don't know about Doha, but BAH airport is wheelchair friendly.

There are lifts and /or ramps everywhere. There are also many helpful and free-of-charge porters available who will come running when they see you. The service is, as I said free, but these guys make very little money and a tip is well appreciated.

Once at check-in the counter staff will summons an airline wheelchair for you if that's needed.

BAH airport is surprisingly well organized in that regard.

P.S.: Upon reading your question again, I am not sure if you are asking about the airports or cruise port.

Again, Bahrain's Mina Salman cruise ship terminal is reasonably well equipped and able to handle wheelchairs, with plenty of porters and other helpers on hand.

P.S.: Upon reading your question again, I am not sure if you are asking about the airports or cruise port.

Again, Bahrain's Mina Salman cruise ship terminal is reasonably well equipped and able to handle wheelchairs, with plenty of porters and other helpers on hand.

Hi,

Yes it is the cruise port that we are interested in. We have done many cruises out of Dubai that stop in Muscat. The port at Muscat is not at all user friendly as they use old small buses that have no way for a wheelchair-bound person to use. To compound that the authorities in Muscat have even stopped independent tour companies from picking up at the ship itself. We are hoping that the same situation does not occur at either Bahrain and Doha.

Cheers

Steve