Luggage Checkin at Barcelona Port

We are arriving on the morning of our cruise at around 9am. We are leaving on the Freedom of the Seas at 4pm that afternoon and returning to Barcelona the following Sunday morning before catching a 3:45pm flight out that afternoon.

We want to see some of Barcelona and know we only have two partial days to do it so my question is, what to do with our luggage?

I've read good things about Bags&Go in other threads, but was wondering if there's a better or cheaper way. What is the earliest we can check the bags at the port? We have a transfer already set from airport to port. I'm thinking that with customs and waiting for bags, we may not even get to the port until the 11:30 check in time, so that's probably what we will do assuming that we can drop bags off and then leave them to our rooms without going through security yet.

Also, is there another option for when we get back into port, as I think we will have more time on the disembarkation day.

Thanks in advance.

I'm doing the same thing but with NCL.

I was looking at Bags and Go but not enough reviews to do it.

I've been told by my TA to take the bags to the port where they will be taken by the porters and then do what we want to do.

When you hand in your bags, the last time you'll see them till you get on the ship. No need to check in.

As long as I'm back at the ship for around 3pm, checked in and boarded, it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On embarkation day, you can drop your bags off, check-in, and then leave again (or leave and check-in when you come back, but if there are no lines I would go ahead and get it out of the way before heading back into town).

On disembarkation day, your choices are:

• Bags & Go in the terminal
  • an excursion (either through the ship or private)
  • luggage storage in the city (train station, bus station, or some other left luggage service)
  • go straight to the airport and see if they'll take your bags already
  • drag your bags along while you visit the city

The most convenient options are the most expensive, if you want to save money be prepared to work for it… :)

On embarkation day, you can drop your bags off, check-in, and then leave again (or leave and check-in when you come back, but if there are no lines I would go ahead and get it out of the way before heading back into town).

On disembarkation day, your choices are:

•  
  • Bags & Go in the terminal

• an excursion (either through the ship or private)

• luggage storage in the city (train station, bus station, or some other left luggage service)

• go straight to the airport and see if they'll take your bags already

• drag your bags along while you visit the city

The most convenient options are the most expensive, if you want to save money be prepared to work for it… :)

I was told that I couldn't check in and then walk away in to town. I was told that once we checked in, we have to board the ship.

I thought that this would be a bit silly as people would be coming off and on as it's a visiting port for a lot of passengers.

I'm sure they tell you that, but they don't enforce it at the terminal. Maybe if you go at a slow time and everyone is able to watch your every move, they'll stop you from leaving the terminal. But in my experience there are always people coming and going in all directions and they can't keep track of everyone.

I think if they see you drop off bags and then immediately leave, that would be a red flag security-wise, too, so again, be discreet about it.

I'm sure they tell you that, but they don't enforce it at the terminal. Maybe if you go at a slow time and everyone is able to watch your every move, they'll stop you from leaving the terminal. But in my experience there are always people coming and going in all directions and they can't keep track of everyone.

I think if they see you drop off bags and then immediately leave, that would be a red flag security-wise, too, so again, be discreet about it.

Thanks for your advise.