Silver Wind,how is fitness & diet food ?

razicemi

There are all sorts of healthy options to eat. And non-healthy as well. It will be up to you how you manage.

The servings on SS are definitely on the small side, which is a bonus. Dinner, if you sit at a table with others, is 6 courses if you include the sorbet and the coffee and Petit fours (not sure if they are still offered) as a separate course from the dessert (it is served separately which is hard if you like your tea with your dessert.) I would have all courses, unless I didn't like the sorbet flavour. For dessert I'd ask for a bowl of berries, then have a petit four for a touch of something decadent.

I found ordering my breakfast to be served in my cabin was preferable to going up to the buffet because my will power wasn't strong enough to resist having too many of healthy items. Besides, I prefer not having to be dressed before my morning tea.

Lunch was easier, I'd stick with the buffet and just do salad and protein, perhaps with fruit for dessert.

We'd have afternoon tea each day but I'd wave away the tower and just have a scone.

On most of SS cruises, with willpower and planning, I've maintained my weight or lost a little. My cruise length tends to be 21 - 28 days.

I found their ice cream (both regular and sugar/fat free) horrid so it was easy to pass that up. I'm also not a fan of their pizza or their french fries, so two more temptations I could pass on. One cruise we decided to give up bread (for no particular reason, I just decided on the plane) so that was one of the cruises I lost weight on. With so many other choices, giving up bread was easy (I wasn't doing gluten-free, just bread/rolls/buns.)

As for fitness: I honestly can't recall. We'd do the walking deck. I must have done the treadmill too because I wear a fitbit now and did on my last SS cruise but I don't remember the Wind clearly. In general, SS fitness rooms are not that great but they are also not overused so it isn't a big deal.

Edited by CanadianKate

I do pack a yoga mat. I don't actually do yoga, but I have physio stretches for my back and knees to do and would do those in the cabin.

On SS, even the Wind, the cabins are large enough to lay out the mat and not be too much in the way of your partner.

Pack hiking poles for when you are ashore so you can push yourself on tougher terrain. Also helps if knees are iffy.

Depends on where you are cruising but the pool isn't very used (unless Duct Tape is aboard!) so you can use that for stretches or treading. It is pretty small but I don't swim much so it was perfect me to get in and 'not drown' for 30 minutes. Basically, I'd just tread water.

There are all sorts of healthy options to eat. And non-healthy as well. It will be up to you how you manage.

The servings on SS are definitely on the small side, which is a bonus. Dinner, if you sit at a table with others, is 6 courses if you include the sorbet and the coffee and Petit fours (not sure if they are still offered) as a separate course from the dessert (it is served separately which is hard if you like your tea with your dessert.) I would have all courses, unless I didn't like the sorbet flavour. For dessert I'd ask for a bowl of berries, then have a petit four for a touch of something decadent.

I found ordering my breakfast to be served in my cabin was preferable to going up to the buffet because my will power wasn't strong enough to resist having too many of healthy items. Besides, I prefer not having to be dressed before my morning tea.

Lunch was easier, I'd stick with the buffet and just do salad and protein, perhaps with fruit for dessert.

We'd have afternoon tea each day but I'd wave away the tower and just have a scone.

On most of SS cruises, with willpower and planning, I've maintained my weight or lost a little. My cruise length tends to be 21 - 28 days.

I found their ice cream (both regular and sugar/fat free) horrid so it was easy to pass that up. I'm also not a fan of their pizza or their french fries, so two more temptations I could pass on. One cruise we decided to give up bread (for no particular reason, I just decided on the plane) so that was one of the cruises I lost weight on. With so many other choices, giving up bread was easy (I wasn't doing gluten-free, just bread/rolls/buns.)

As for fitness: I honestly can't recall. We'd do the walking deck. I must have done the treadmill too because I wear a fitbit now and did on my last SS cruise but I don't remember the Wind clearly. In general, SS fitness rooms are not that great but they are also not overused so it isn't a big deal.

Thanks for all that great information ! Been very helpful... : )

I do pack a yoga mat. I don't actually do yoga, but I have physio stretches for my back and knees to do and would do those in the cabin.

On SS, even the Wind, the cabins are large enough to lay out the mat and not be too much in the way of your partner.

Pack hiking poles for when you are ashore so you can push yourself on tougher terrain. Also helps if knees are iffy.

I do yoga,but I was thinking that the cabins were going to be small ;so, I will take my yoga-mat with me.

Depends on where you are cruising but the pool isn't very used (unless Duct Tape is aboard!) so you can use that for stretches or treading. It is pretty small but I don't swim much so it was perfect me to get in and 'not drown' for 30 minutes. Basically, I'd just tread water.

We might try that too..Thanks a lot !