visa for turkey

twighlightstar

Thanks for that info, have you used this before its just that the one Cunard recommend is CBIT which is £15 consular fee and £24 for CBIT so $20 seems very cheap

I've not used it. I was just interested when you said you needed one as we're been to Turkey before but did not (but that's because we were on a cruise, as I read on the site).

I suspect if you use others other than the Turkish Government one then all they are doing is using that site and charging you for doing it. I have a read and it says they send it to your smart phone and you use that (but it says to have a print out as well, just in case). It's the same as the US, $14 with the Government site, but other sites will charge more.

I'd go for the $20 Government one as it's linked off the UK's Govs travel site so you would like to hope that it was okay.

Edited by ToadOfToadHall
poor spelling and grammar !

Thanks for that info, have you used this before its just that the one Cunard recommend is CBIT which is £15 consular fee and £24 for CBIT so $20 seems very cheap

We are recently back from Turkey. As stated by Toad of Toad Hall. It is cheaper to go directly to the Turkish gov site and is the official website. fill in the info, pay the fee(it's in dollars) and they will issue you a visa in PDF format that you can print off. It is valid for 90 days.

The other sites will do the same but cost you more.

Bon voyage

The other companies such as CBIT simply bump the price up and charge you more for exactly the same product. You should always go to the official government site of the country you are visiting.

The site mentioned by Toadoftoadhall is the correct one and the visa is instant. We've used it before with no problems.

I have just returned from QV 1 to 15 August. We flew into Istanbul so needed a visa. We used the evisa site recommended above, at $20 each. It all worked well.

At the airport we saw that people who had not pre-purchased a visa were sent back from immigration and were able to buy one at an office, but then had to queue again. I believe it costs £20 when you buy it in Istanbul.

We printed off paper copies and showed them in immigration.

Edited by fantasy51

We are US citizens arriving in Istanbul by air prior to cruise. I called Cunard and they gave me the evisa.gov.tr site mentioned above. It worked great. Total cost was $20.79 per person.

• 2 weeks later...