Which port does Windstar use in St. Petersburg?

RandomBaritone

Does anyone know for certain which port Windstar uses in St. Petersburg, Russia? We're on the Wind Surf in a few weeks, and we're wondering if we'll land at the far-off Marine Facade Cruise Port, or one of the two infinitely more convenient ports: the Lieutenant Schmidt or the English Embankment.

We're asking mostly because we've booked a third-party tour, and I want to double-check that they're meeting us at the right place. :) But I'm also hoping Windstar doesn't use the massive out-of-town cruise port, since part of the reason we like Windstar is its supposed ability to dock close to the city center, which I haven't yet seen in practice.

Thanks!

Please be aware that WS does not have control of docking, it is up to the port authorities and the change of docking can occur at anytime. There is a cruise port website that generally has correct information but you need to email your tour company, they have a number that they can call at the last minute for correct information. This especially important in large ports. Have a great trip. Susanne

Please be aware that WS does not have control of docking, it is up to the port authorities and the change of docking can occur at anytime. There is a cruise port website that generally has correct information but you need to email your tour company, they have a number that they can call at the last minute for correct information. This especially important in large ports. Have a great trip. Susanne

Great information, thanks. Is that generally true everywhere, or is St. Petersburg a special case?

Presumably the tour company will check the site or number you mention to know where to meet us on Wind Surf? I'll confirm with them regardless.

I think it is every where, the port authorities are in charge. A reputable tour company will alway know when meeting a cruise ship. It happened to us in Barcelona and we gave the taxi where we were told to meet the WS and he knew rightfully otherwise. Our friends were on the Regent once in St Petersburg and they thought they were going to be in the closer port but ended up being in the one furtherest away. Having sailed our whole life we know this to be a fact. Have a great cruise. Susanne

Last year we were in St. Petersburg on the Windsurf. We were docked at the Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment. Windsurf's sister ship, Club Med 2, was docked next to us so I am sure that this is where you will probably dock. The tour companies get notified of where each ship is docked so don't worry, they'll find you. We used SPB Tours and they found us.

Last year we were in St. Petersburg on the Windsurf. We were docked at the Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment. Windsurf's sister ship, Club Med 2, was docked next to us so I am sure that this is where you will probably dock. The tour companies get notified of where each ship is docked so don't worry, they'll find you. We used SPB Tours and they found us.

Great to have another perspective, thanks. Our tour company is much smaller than SPB, so I just thought I'd double-check.