Aurora Balcony question

Bruce62

Hi,

Im looking to book two adjoining balcony cabins on Aurora.

Can anybody confirm if the balconies on Aurora have the interconnecting door between them, so that both cabins could have one large balcony? (I know this is true on Azura etc.)

Also - Does this differ between A,B, C decks, as those on 'B' are the deluxe balconies?

thanks,

Hi,

Can anybody confirm if the balconies on Aurora have the interconnecting door between them, so that both cabins could have one large balcony? (I know this is true on Azura etc.)

Also - Does this differ between A,B, C decks, as those on 'B' are the deluxe balconies?

thanks,

I am quite sure the cabins with interconnecting doors are midship forward and aft outside with no balcony on C Deck and on B Deck interconnecting inside cabins only.

Only B Deck have De Luxe Balcony with bath and shower. Yes deluxe balcony on B Deck have a sitting room area with a curtain to divide sitting room and bedroom area, whereas A & C D Decks don't have the dividing curtain.The structure of the ship prevents interconnecting balconies unlike Britannia,Azura,Ventura.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi,

thanks,

All the balconies will have doors that can be opened up to the adjoining cabin. Just ask your room steward to unlock it for you (after explaining that you are travelling as one party ofcourse).

The B deck cabins with the glass fronts are the deluxe/suite/mini suite cabins.

A and C decks are the metal fronted ones.

Many thanks....

Bruce my husband has just informed me that I gave you wrong information :eek: regarding the balcony interconnecting doors. Of course they open . When we were on Aurora B midship suite and our friends were in the suite next door

we had the interconnecting doors opened on sea days and in the evenings.However,the interconnecting balcony doors were always closed when we returned to our cabin late in the evening. Wonder Why 🤔 Think I had best stick to booking cruises rather than talking about structure of ships 😂😂

Enjoy whichever cabin you decide upon.

There are some very good videos on U Tube. See P&Os Aurora Balcony Cabin Tours Very good views of connecting balcony doors on Aurora

Bruce my husband has just informed me that I gave you wrong information :eek: regarding the balcony interconnecting doors. Of course they open . When we were on Aurora B midship suite and our friends were in the suite next door

we had the interconnecting doors opened on sea days and in the evenings.However,the interconnecting balcony doors were always closed when we returned to our cabin late in the evening. Wonder Why Think I had best stick to booking cruises rather than talking about structure of ships

Enjoy whichever cabin you decide upon.

There are some very good videos on U Tube. See P&Os Aurora Balcony Cabin Tours Very good views of connecting balcony doors on Aurora

Unless it was to stop them banging during the night. Mind you on more than one occasion, even with the connecting balcony door locked shut OH has had to go and wedge it with something to stop a rattle....

Unless it was to stop them banging during the night. Mind you on more than one occasion, even with the connecting balcony door locked shut OH has had to go and wedge it with something to stop a rattle....

Sorry the english lady your post was not showing when I replied to Bruce 62

:) yes you are probably right never thought about them banging during the night. It's a nuisance when your trying to find where the rattles and squeaking comes from, spent lots of time doing that :eek: then when Officers visit the cabin to address complaint never a sound to be heard. :D Better not deviate any further.

Edited by HELEN HENRY