Cabin ? &

gamecockinnc

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but we have cabin 6092 on the Fantasy for a December cruise.

Cabin 6092

1. I haven't been able to find if the third bed is a sofa bed or a ceiling Pullman style bed.

2. Or if it has a fourth bed meaning a sofa bed or Pullman ceiling bed???

I'm also curious about something I read that mentioned a queen bed but never mentioned the ability to make the queen into twin beds? ***SEE BELOW I FOUND THE ANSWER.

I am traveling with two of my sons. I also assume we have 2 bathrooms as the Magic and Wonder have? My parents are in the connecting handicap cabin 6090.

CABIN 6090 (disabled cabin)

1. Does this cabin have a sofa bed or a Pullman style bed or any other bed other than the main bed?

Sorry to ask so many questions, we have been away from DCL for a few years sailing others Cruiselines until my mothers health was stable enough to sail again. We wouldn't sail DCL without her. We couldn't she loves it too much. We are so thrilled to be back.

Thank you for your patience and time. Because I feel as if my cruise IQ is decreasing by the hour. I am embarrassed.

T

**UPDATE I FOUND A NEWS ARTICLE FROM 2011 AND ANSWERED MY OWN ? THAT NO THE QUEEN DOES NOT SEPERATE WHICH I FIND HARD TO BELIEVE.

Edited by gamecockinnc

The queen bed on ask DCL ships can not be separated.

I think your room cat is 4e. So it is a 4 or 5 person room. The couch flips over into a twin bed. Then there will also be a twin bed that pivots down from the wall. It might also have a twin bunk bed that pulls down from the ceiling over top the couch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have the answer. Cabin 6090 on the Fantasy in addition to the queen size bed has:

a sofa bed

a drop down ceiling bed and a wall pull out bed

It technically can fit up to 5 people

Since there are only 3 of us in this cabin it works out great. Since it connects to my parents cabin which is a veranda disability cabin it was the veranda cabin we went with.

I called to inquire about 2 beds and was also told "no". Two twin beds would be almost a wide as a king size I think. Yet, we have had options on other cruises to make 2. We prefer 2 but it's gonna be ok. We cruise 01/06/17. Have a great trip!

I called to inquire about 2 beds and was also told "no". Two twin beds would be almost a wide as a king size I think. Yet, we have had options on other cruises to make 2. We prefer 2 but it's gonna be ok. We cruise 01/06/17. Have a great trip!

Normally a king uses 2 twin extra long box springs.

DCL switched to a single queen bed when they last redid the rooms on the Wonder and Magic. The Dream and Fantasy always had a queen bed.

Since most people cruising on DCL are families, the switch makes sense. The queen bed provides more floor space in the cabin and lets them mount the nightstand to the wall allowing for quicker vacuuming of the rooms. Also, the queen bed is raised up to allow for luggage and car seats to slide underneath the bed.

The couch and the wall pull down use a real mattress. The ceiling bunk bed, uses a thinner mattress, which while adults can sleep on, is it not the must comfortable bed.

I do agree that for most DCL cruisers, it makes sense. However, there are more than a few of us who favored the beds that could divide. Many times there are adult mother/daughter dyads (sometimes with kids), grandmother/granddaughter, etc who would prefer two twins.

Yes, I sleep on the flip couch. It isn't bad at all, but isn't as good as a regular twin. On other lines, we request the bed to be divided.