Why You Choose Disney

I originally chose DCL due to brand trust. Accessibility is a factor for my family and based on other Disney products, I was confident they could meet my needs.

Based on the base cost of the cruise, my onboard consumables were kept low by necessity to keep the vacation within my budget.

Once I was comfortable to branch out to other lines, I found that as my base cruise cost went down, I was able to indulge in other onboard spending and still pay less than DCL. We've also been able to take longer vacations to more exotic ports and maintain a consistent spending level.

I am returning to DCL in the fall because I promised my cousin's kids that we'd go to Disney World. With them being 7, 5, 3, and 1 I thought that the cruise would be a better alternative. Transitioning from Disney World to a cruise meant looking at DCL so that we would still have the characters and the Disney experiences (Marvel academy, Princess greetings, mickey mouse club).

people choose Disney because they love Disney. And Disney charges a premium because they know people will pay it and their ships fill up. Simple supply and demand. They also charge ridiculous amounts to get your hair and makeup done in the boutique and then they charge a premium for the princess dress. But, those spots fill up and people gladly shell out several hundred dollars so their daughter can fill like a princess. I did it and I will gladly do it again. Because my daughters love it.

Disney's customer service and passenger experience is amazing. Now, I have not been on a Crystal or any of the luxury lines so I cannot say for certain they are the best. But, Disney has always been know for amazing customer service and experience and for that they charge a premium.