Venetian Society???

descartes1

As previous passengers on SilverSea we are Venetian Society.

However, we were disappointed to learn upon recently booking a voyage that Venetian Society benefits only apply to "selected sailings." For whatever reason, the one we selected is not included. As a result, no 5% discount.

This is very disappointing that customer loyalty is not being rewarded.

It is also a bit ironic that are voyage will include "Venice" but Venetian Society privileges don't apply there!

The Venetian Society benefits are clearly delineated on the Silversea website, and loyalty is rewarded. After sailing 100 days you receive a 5% discount on all voyages as well as free laundry. After 250 days a 10% discount, and so on. Rewards increase as loyalty increases.

Most Venetians take/enjoy longer cruises.

Well, last summer we did 14 days on Seabourn, but this time we prefer to spend the second week at Villa d'Este in Como (to which we'll drive after disembarking in Venice).

I think SS should support returning cruisers, whether they sail for 7, 10 or however many days. They are in a tough competition with Seabourn and being treated well as a returning customer is a nice touch that can tip the scales. After all, what's the point of hyping this "Venetian Society" status, which I get constant emails and snail mails touting our membership.

• 2 weeks later...

On Seaborne you just give them $500 when on a cruise and you get a 5% discount on any future trip and can get your $500 back any time over the next 5 years should you choose not to take a Seaborne trip. A no brainer

On a SB cruise (4 B2B segments), I found their Frequent Floaters Club inhospitable. Not to mention very bad marketing! After the 1st segment I requested info on upcoming activities (for the next month). I was very rudely told that we didn't qualify since you had to complete a voyage, not a segment, even tho we were there for an extended period. I went to Mgmt to express my opinion. We were invited to the next gathering, our friends were not! Stupid move. We did not feel welcome nor appreciated. Needless to say, we did not attend. On SS you are VS eligible after your first segment. Nuff said.

Edited by duct tape

DT, it's too bad SB didn't work out better for you. I understand the better fit being with SS. It can be tough when you're accustomed to the royal treatment of one line and going on another as a first time guest. It wasn't that long ago we sailed SB as first timers and loved the feeling of being anonymous. Thirty days of near perfection without being addressed by name.

But, when it comes to customer loyalty programs, of the five where we have some standing SS ranks a distant fifth place. Everything else can be debated, but the loyalty programs are in print. And yes, we receive unpublished benefits from SS and SB.