Complete Guest Names (edit)?

mistyinca

Ok so someone I know has a cruise booked early saver with a reduced deposit. On cruise manager it still has the ability to edit names. Can this be done to change a name on the cruise? Has anyone had success with this. I mm sure if we call they'll say no.

Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's interesting that peeps thinks its a criminal offense to share drinks on cheers but don't bat an eye when it comes to being dishonest on an early saver booking....so much irony.

Not really. I was advised by a Carnival Rep to do it that way. Frankly, I would haven't even have thought of it on my own. If it's not allowed, then the system will reject it just as the system won't allow only 1 adult in the cabin to purchase Cheers.

Not really. I was advised by a Carnival Rep to do it that way. Frankly, I would haven't even have thought of it on my own. If it's not allowed, then the system will reject it just as the system won't allow only 1 adult in the cabin to purchase Cheers.

Interesting that a Carnival rep told you how to do it.:)

Interesting that a Carnival rep told you how to do it.:)

I know. She had me do it while I was on the phone with her. She said if it didn't work then to let me know and she would take care of it from her end, but it did with no problem. When I told her it worked, she said "great" and hung up the phone.

Regardless of anything you are not abiding by Carnival rules that say "name changes are not allowed" on Early Saver. So if someone orders a drink for someone on their cheers and the Carnival bartender doesn't flinch isn't that exactly the same scenerio as you are describing. Why is one OK and the other is a federal offense?

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

Regardless of anything you are not abiding by Carnival rules that say "name changes are not allowed" on Early Saver. So if someone orders gives a drink for someone on their cheers and the Carnival bartender doesn't flinch isn't that exactly the same scenerio as you are describing. Why is one OK and the other is a federal offense?

It isn't a federal offense if someone shares a drink with Cheers. I never said it was, but it is not allowed. However, if Carnival's system itself allows for name changes to happen online, and an employee rep instructs a client to do it themselves, then that implies that it IS allowed. I don't even know if it will accept the complete name change. Someone will have to try it and see. If it was forbidden, then their system would reflect as such. How many times have people gotten their names changed or cruises switched with ES without incurring a fee? Plenty. Happens all the time if you talk to the right person. So if they do, should they decline the fee waiver because it's not right, yet it was done by an employee rep?

Comparing that and Cheers dishonesty are 2 totally different things. I don't think a bartender would willingly volunteer that a guest share the Cheers package, but they more than likely won't say anything as to not make the guest angry causing them to not tip them well or who knows what else. They won't, however, serve someone a drink and put it on another guest's account that has Cheers. That is wrong. And if it is wrong to make name changes online (or tell a customer to) without charging a fee, then the system should not allow it. Just as it doesn't allow a person with Cheers to have drinks within a 5 min timeframe. I'm guessing it would be real easy for them to fix if they wanted to.

Regardless of anything you are not abiding by Carnival rules that say "name changes are not allowed" on Early Saver. So if someone orders a drink for someone on their cheers and the Carnival bartender doesn't flinch isn't that exactly the same scenerio as you are describing. Why is one OK and the other is a federal offense?

It's okay because Carnival employees instruct people to do it this way. I have been instructed over the phone to do it myself online. If it is possible to do it online, then they must not mind. As an IT person I know it would be extremely simple for them to change it if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can't change the whole name at one time. Edit the first name, save, go back in, edit the last name, save.

How long do you have to wait before changing the last name? I've changed the first a couple of days ago and it's still saying that I can't yet. I just want to see what you did. I figure I'll wait a week and try again. Thanks

When discussing a 'name change' are you in fact changing the person on the itinerary? I have found that I can book early saver and only put myself as a named guest. I have two reservations now that way. I will wait until just before final payment is required to input the names of the travel companions, that way, I won't have to pay for person changes if things don't work out with the ones who originally were meant to accompany me.

When discussing a 'name change' are you in fact changing the person on the itinerary? I have found that I can book early saver and only put myself as a named guest. I have two reservations now that way. I will wait until just before final payment is required to input the names of the travel companions, that way, I won't have to pay for person changes if things don't work out with the ones who originally were meant to accompany me.

I did this originally and then because I changed the date of the cruise, they made me give them a name.

How long do you have to wait before changing the last name? I've changed the first a couple of days ago and it's still saying that I can't yet. I just want to see what you did. I figure I'll wait a week and try again. Thanks

I was able to do it one right after the other.

Ok so someone I know has a cruise booked early saver with a reduced deposit. On cruise manager it still has the ability to edit names. Can this be done to change a name on the cruise? Has anyone had success with this. I mm sure if we call they'll say no.

Thank you,

I was not able to edit, it kept telling me name changes not allowed. I was trying to save a few steps do the booking and let my TA take it over. I had to call her, she had to call Carnival get them to let her take over the booking and then do the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not able to edit, it kept telling me name changes not allowed. I was trying to save a few steps do the booking and let my TA take it over. I had to call her, she had to call Carnival get them to let her take over the booking and then do the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started with the last name and it let me do that. I guess I'll just wait a bit to change the first. :)