Early Saver - Can You Add a Person to the Reservation Later?

gtalum

If you book a cabin for say 2 people with early saver, can you add someone else to the reservation later?

Yes, but you will be charged the current rate for that person. If it is past the Early Saver dates, their reservation will not have the same perks under the Early Saver program, ie credit for price drops. We added two people after our Early Saver time had expired and this is what our experience was.

If you book a cabin for say 2 people with early saver, can you add someone else to the reservation later?

Your cabin would have to accomodate 4 PAX - Unless you managed to book a Quad for 2, You're most likely going to need to switch Cabins? This could change the 1st and 2nd PAX rate? And you would have to pay the current rate for the new cabin?

What Cabin ## on which Ship, are you booked?

ken

Ken is correct.....

If- You have a stateroom that accommodates only 2 pax, you will have to move to a stateroom that meets your needs.

If- There are staterooms available to meet your needs when you are ready to add that extra passenger.

If- You have a stateroom that can accommodate up to 4 pax or have to move to a stateroom to accommodate # of pax, then it can be done but pricing for that extra passenger(s) will depend on when you add them and under what ever rate code is available at that time.

Lottsa "if's" depending on when you elect to add that passenger as you can see.

Your cabin would have to accomodate 4 PAX - Unless you managed to book a Quad for 2, You're most likely going to need to switch Cabins? This could change the 1st and 2nd PAX rate? And you would have to pay the current rate for the new cabin?

What Cabin ## on which Ship, are you booked?

ken

We had to switch cabins, but we were still given the original ES from when we first booked for the passengers already booked.

I didn't book ES for my last Miracle cruise because I wasn't sure that DD could go with me. I knew that name changes were NOT allowed.

So I assumed that if I booked as a single, that if I wanted to add her or a cruise buddy later, that also was not allowed. I mean, doesn't adding a name seem a whole lot like a name change? :confused:

Just booked Glory to Bermuda - a LONG way away, but I wanted a specific 1A cabin and booked ES. PVP told me that if I wanted to add someone to the booking later that it absolutely was allowed. That person would have to pay the going rate, and my rate would be whatever it would have been at 100% rather than the 150%. Of course, this is assuming that the two rates together would exceed my 150% that I'm already paying. If not, then we would have to "upgrade" to a cabin category that was going for more that my 150% and pay whatever the difference would be, which would work just fine.

I didn't book ES for my last Miracle cruise because I wasn't sure that DD could go with me. I knew that name changes were NOT allowed.

So I assumed that if I booked as a single, that if I wanted to add her or a cruise buddy later, that also was not allowed. I mean, doesn't adding a name seem a whole lot like a name change? :confused:

Just booked Glory to Bermuda - a LONG way away, but I wanted a specific 1A cabin and booked ES. PVP told me that if I wanted to add someone to the booking later that it absolutely was allowed. That person would have to pay the going rate, and my rate would be whatever it would have been at 100% rather than the 150%. Of course, this is assuming that the two rates together would exceed my 150% that I'm already paying. If not, then we would have to "upgrade" to a cabin category that was going for more that my 150% and pay whatever the difference would be, which would work just fine.

"No name changes" means that you cannot change a passenger on the ES booking to another different passenger. Cabin/capacity permitting, you can generally add a passenger to the booking. With some persistence, you can even correct an error in the passenger name booked under ES.

Bermuda is G-R-E-A-T!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

"No name changes" means that you cannot change a passenger on the ES booking to another different passenger. Cabin/capacity permitting, you can generally add a passenger to the booking. With some persistence, you can even correct an error in the passenger name booked under ES.

ken

I agree -- not the same thing at all. We booked ES and my FIL is booked as a single in a 4D, but our TA said someone can be added to the booking later if needed. A name change would be taking him off the booking and replacing him with someone else.

ken

A little persistence is correct. I had one of those late night bright ideas and booked a cruise for our daughter's college graduation present. I made the reservation in our names and the name she uses, Elizabeth. Two days later I realized that her legal name (Charlotte Elizabeth) is on her passport. I immediately called and had to speak to a supervisor to waive the change fee. Definitely my fault, I'll pay more attention next time.

Three of our five children use their middle names, not the best idea! :rolleyes:

Archived