Copenhagen arrival

margbem

According to the port authority, the Azamara journey is expected pier C331, Ocean kaj on the 7th of july. Just google "Copenhagen port authority" and you'll find the website (check again because sometimes, they change the pier). Have a good trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are sailing Hamburg to Copenhagen, arriving on the 7th July. How can I find out which terminal/pier we come into so I can book a taxi?

Thanks!:confused:

My wife and I are also on this cruise. We're staying overnight, due to the flight needs to get back to Baltimore the next morning. Have you joined the roll call for this cruise?

Steve (Odenton, Maryland)

What is your question RoddyGateau?

I'm so sorry. I did respond to your original posting but somehow my comment did not appear. What I had intended to say is that our experience, when arriving in Copenhagen on Azamara Quest last July, was that there were plenty of taxis waiting so I don't believe that there is any need to book one. I do hope that you're planning to spend some time in Copenhagen it is a great city to enjoy for a few days.

Thank you very much. I will risk not booking one then. And yes, we are having three days in Copenhagen. What should we see and do?

Firstly, if you haven't booked a hotel yet I can recommend the Admiral in the Nyhavn area. Across the river from the Admiral is the Copenhagen street food centre. Just a short ferry ride from Nyhavn this place has a huge selection of interesting food stalls where prices are very reasonable by Copenhagen standards. Nyhavn is also a good place to board a boat tour of Copenhagen's many waterways ( before you board buy a couple of cans of Carlsberg from one of the many pubs to enjoy on the tour!)

Speaking of Carlsberg, a tour of this famous brewery is well worth it. There is a free shuttle bus that you can catch near the railway station. And speaking of buses, we bought HOHO bus tickets but did not find the the service very useful as the buses tended to stay a long time at each stop which was a waste of time if the attraction at that particular stop was not of interest. The free access to public transit provided by the Copenhagen tourist card (purchased from the hotel concierge) was much better value as it also provided free or discounted access to many places of interest. We really enjoyed the Rosenborg castle although it poured with rain while we were there which made getting between the buildings a somewhat moist experience. The national art gallery is also well worth a visit. Last but not least, do visit Tivoli Gardens. It's like a sophisticated Disneyland right in the middle of the city. We had a wonderful meal at one of the many fine restaurants in Tivoli.

Sent from my iPad using Forums