QM2 Sheltered Balcony With Connecting Door?

Bostonjetset

Good morning fellow Cunarders!

I just received an upgrade email from Cunard for our 01/03/2017 crossing. We booked a BZ guarantee and were upgraded to a BV on deck 5 with a connecting door. Has anyone sailed in a balcony stateroom with connecting door and, if so, is it the same layout as one without? I don't worry so much about noise but is there anything odd about the furniture setup [i.e. is there still a sofa]?

We are not overly picky with staterooms, and I realize with guarantees you get what you get, but I would like to be prepared ahead of time haha.

Thanks in advance!

I just received an upgrade email from Cunard for our 01/03/2017 crossing. We booked a BZ guarantee and were upgraded to a BV on deck 5 with a connecting door. Has anyone sailed in a balcony stateroom with connecting door and, if so, is it the same layout as one without? I don't worry so much about noise but is there anything odd about the furniture setup [i.e. is there still a sofa]?

We are not overly picky with staterooms, and I realize with guarantees you get what you get, but I would like to be prepared ahead of time haha.

Thanks in advance!

We've had a sheltered balcony with a connecting door. As I recall, we didn't notice any difference in the layout and there was a sofa as usual.

Edited by Thaxted

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bostonjetset

I've had one of these cabins, no issues. I didn't even realise there were people the other side of the door (I thought the cabin was empty it was so quiet) until I saw them in the corridor one day.

I took photos of the layout, I'll post the links to them in just a moment.

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Here are the links to the photos Bostonjetset:

QM2 BALCONY CABINS decks 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12.

QM2 BALCONY CABINS decks 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12.

QM2 BALCONY CABINS decks 4, 5, 6.

QM2 BALCONY CABINS decks 4, 5, 6.

Hope these help, have a great time on the amazing QM2 :)

Thanks so much Pepperrn!!!

I can't wait to be back on QM2. She is easily my favourite ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Bostonjetset