MSC Fantasia Middle East

jodieh12

Hey everyone, new to MSC, we've just booked this for March 2017 from Dubai. Anybody been to Bahrain and done anything interesting? Also questions about the ship:

1) How much is the 4D cinema?

2) What times are dinner?

3) How much is F1 simulator?

4) Does anybody have a link to current dinner menus?

TIA and safe travels

Liverpool Jo xx

Hi Jo, we are doing a similar cruise in December, slightly different itinerary (no Bahrain). Seems to be very little on here about the Fantasia. I'd love to see the menus too.. We have the late sitting at 8.30 but hoping to change to my time once on board.

Chris xx

Hi Chris

How exciting, I look forward to hearing all about the ship and what you did and any hints or tips you can impart?

We are also going to Abu Dhabi, Doha and Sir Bani Yas Island which I believe has only just started taking cruise ships.

If 8.30 is late sitting do you know what time early was? We are on Bella experience so can't have Anytime Dining but I am going to ask again when I get on the ship.

Jo x

We just completed a week on Fantasia after being on preziosa and divina. You can tell she is the first in her class as the other two have upgraded to eatiitaly and galaxy restaurant, as well as the aft pool not being an infinity pool. But I loved her,.

We were in yacht club which makes it even more special

Hey everyone, new to MSC, we've just booked this for March 2017 from Dubai. Anybody been to Bahrain and done anything interesting? Also questions about the ship:

TIA and safe travels

Liverpool Jo xx

Have a look at this thread,,,great pics from the Middle East onboard MSC Musica, January 2016:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312622&highlight=dubai

TIA and safe travels

Liverpool Jo xx

As far as I can recall the 4d cinema and sim were roughly 4 euros per use. I believe they have now introduced a cabin charge of 55 euros for cinema, simulator and bowling for 1 week which in my opinion is great value.

As far as I can recall the 4d cinema and sim were roughly 4 euros per use. I believe they have now introduced a cabin charge of 55 euros for cinema, simulator and bowling for 1 week which in my opinion is great value.

Thanks for the info, the 55euro would that cover both of us for unlimited use of the 2 items?

I think the F1 simulator was €10 - perhaps that was Costa. On 4 Costa ships we have been on, I never saw the it in use or anyone drinking at the bar associated with it. Then again, where it is located on the Costa ships, it really is a warm weather activity.

Regarding the €55,00 charge - unless you were a complete fanatic for F1 or bowling - would you make your money back? How many times per cruise would the average person do these things. Even with 4 persons per cabin and each took a spin in the F1 and used the cinema twice (which I would think would be a lot in a 7 day cruise especially if it is port intensive), that is €12 per person or €48 per cabin. MSC are better off to the tune of €7.

Now where it may come into its own may be on a TA where you may wish to fill sea days, if weather is bad and because MSC's enrichment programme is not all that rich.

Just on the 4D cinema - what range of films do they have? Could you see a different one every day?

Edited by tomvet

It's a 4d cinema so they won't show proper movies, the "ride" usually lasts 10-15 minutes and there are several different shows. I guess we'd go bowling 3 times, 4d cinema minimum 2 times and simulator probably minimum 2 times as well so even if they are 4 euro that's 28 euro each so 56 euro which would be the break even point so I hope that's what it is

Thanks for the info, the 55euro would that cover both of us for unlimited use of the 2 items?

Hi Jo! Suzanne here. Would be interested in purchasing this package. The twins are already talking about the cinema, simulator and bowling and we don't sail until 17th Dec!! The price sounds a real bargain. I did try phoning MSC today to make enquiries but there is a fault on their phone lines and they cannot accept any calls at all. I have e-mailed them so will report back if they do respond.

Hope your plans are going well. I had an e-mail from the people at Sir Bani Yas Island and the only way to get an excursion around the wildlife park is to book with the ship as they only arrange private tours for guests actually staying at the resort spa hotel on the island!

Bye for now

Suzanne

Contacted MSC about this and they say there is no such offer available!

Does this mean it is something we can purchase once on board?

Would appreciate some information about how you get this - any help would be appreciated.

Suzanne

Oh no! Did they say how much the individual things cost at all?

Xx

No! Not very helpful at all. Guess we will have to just ask once on board unless anyone else can enlighten us as to how they went about this.

Suzanne

Can you throw any light on the cabin charge of 55 Euros for the cinema, simulator and bowling? Does this have to be arranged once on board? When I spoke to MSC they said they have no facility to book this in advance for us so if we cannot purchase it then we will have to pay as we go - with my twin grandsons going on the cruise they will definitely want to have a go at these items.

Hope you can help as both myself and Jo are interested

Thanks

Suzanne

At the very beginning of these MSC Cruises post there is some great information provided by Skier52 which covers so many topics. If you scroll to Post 102 you will find some info on the cinema, simulator and bowling which might be useful to keep.

If I hear any more about the possibility of purchasing a voucher I will let you know.

Regards

Suzanne

Can you throw any light on the cabin charge of 55 Euros for the cinema, simulator and bowling? Does this have to be arranged once on board? When I spoke to MSC they said they have no facility to book this in advance for us so if we cannot purchase it then we will have to pay as we go - with my twin grandsons going on the cruise they will definitely want to have a go at these items.

Hope you can help as both myself and Jo are interested

Thanks

Suzanne

I presume it is a package you buy once on board. A recent CC member just came back and was able to purchase onboard. I will try and find his review for you.

You are a star! Have been trying to find out about the cabin pass for the cinema, simulator and bowling and going round in circles. MSC UK had no idea what I was talking about but thanks to your help I have the answer.

Many thanks

Suzanne

Hi Jo! - hope you manage to see this very helpful link.