NCL Sun new reservation 24 hr policy requiring full payment?

Warbird

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts regarding NCL's new reservation 24 hr policy. The other day I placed a reservation on the NCL Sun and a day later the price dropped $75.00 for an Inside Cabin Gty. This is for a sailing in late September so full payment was required. Actually, an OV dropped below my Inside price. I called my NCL Cruise Consultant and asked about the 24hr policy and before I could say much more she said she would do what she could and put me on hold. She came back and said she could upgrade me to an OV Gty. The possiblity could have been a Port Hole window on Deck 4. I declined that and asked about an OBC. Again, I was put on hold while she checked with her Supervisor and came back and told me that wasn't possible. There was no negociation allowed. My original understanding of the 24hr policy was if there was a price change an OBC would be granted. I was then informed that the 24hr policy has been discontinued. I'm aware that prior to full payment if there is a price drop one can call and get a price reduction in the form of an OBC.

So, what have others experienced?

According to NCL.com, it's 48 hours, but it doesn't apply to "stateroom guarantees"

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee#ncl

Terms & Conditions

To qualify for the on-board credit, your "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form must be submitted online within 48 hours of making a fully deposited booking. NCL reserves the right to verify all claims. Go to ncl.com to submit a "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim. Fully complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." Claim Form by providing all requested information, including the lower rate amount and where it can be found. The lower rate must be (a) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, and (b) available for booking at the time NCL reviews your completed claim form. Restrictions: available to full individual tariff bookings with deposited cruise fare only; claims must be submitted at least 7 days prior to sailing; guarantee offer does not apply to government fees and taxes and/or fuel supplement (if applicable); lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public; guarantee offer is not combinable with an NCL fare reduction; guarantee offer excludes: rates from TV and Radio ads, group rates, qualified rates, membership programs, charters or other travel agent promotions not offered by Norwegian Cruise Line to the general public. Offer "does not apply to stateroom guarantees and" excludes travel agent discounts off commission. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the on-board credit will be forfeited. "Best Price. Guaranteed." program may be discontinued or changed at any time.

I would go to the webpage & submit the claim form. What's the worst that can happen?