Good morning from Greenock

Host Hattie

It is midnight and we have just arrived home from waving away QM2 after her day in Greenock.

Our day started with a tour of the ship (we had not been on since 2010) finishing with a champagne afternoon tea. have to hand it to Cunard the champagne was free flowing, my problem was I was driving so could only have half a glass but it was the best champagne I have ever had on Cunard my wife was though able to enjoy a glass or two, definitely not Poll Acker (our however it is spelt!) Every visitor also received a copy of the book, 'The Story of Cunard's 175 Year' which I look forward to reading.

Tonight at 10.15 or she slipped her lines and moved out into the river while an excellent fireworks display took place. As is always the case when a Cunard ship, and especially QM2, visits the Clyde, thousands turned out on the Esplanade at Greenock to see her off.

It was a really great day and we now can't wait for our cruise on 16th June on QE.

Hattie, hope you enjoyed your day in Greenock?

PS For what it is worth she was looking great and saw no trace of all the faults some people have been mentioning on here. In fact everyone in our group thought the same and some had also sailed on her in the past.