Tahiti hotel post cruise

laurelguy

Finally doing it! August 5th...anyone know how good/bad the Intercontinental is in PPT? We have 2 nights before our AF flight back to LAX. Just wondering if anyone has spent time there or in PPT itself and might have some recommendations etc. Thanks!

We are booked for July 20 2017 to Tahiti. We will be eagerly waiting for your review of the hotel and the island. We were thinking of pre-cruise in Moorea, post cruise in Papeete. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

We stayed at the Intercontinental in PPT for one night before our cruise on Paul Gauguin in August 2013. Agree that the grounds, beach and pool were very nice, but our highlight was being upgraded to an overwater bungalow. It was wonderful!

Another nice thing there is the lovely changing facilities in case you want to hang out by the pool after checkout. It was great to have a convenient place to shower before heading to the ship.

One word of caution: we had a post-cruise day room at the Radisson in PPT. Apart from a beautiful black sand beach, we have nothing to recommend about the Radisson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am still daydreaming about our Wind Spirit Tahiti cruise March 11th 2016. We had the pre and post days at the Le Meridian and had a great time. Spacious clean and modern rooms with great location even if you're not in a bungalow. The sand bottom pool is dreamy and access to the beach is easy. I loved everything about it. Folks on the cruise reported the Intercontinental excellent as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Finally doing it! August 5th...anyone know how good/bad the Intercontinental is in PPT? We have 2 nights before our AF flight back to LAX. Just wondering if anyone has spent time there or in PPT itself and might have some recommendations etc. Thanks!

Aloha laurelguy. If it's not too late, I have a suggestion for your post cruise land portion. Skip the IC Tahiti and book the IC Moorea. The thirty minute ferry ride back to Papeete is a breeze and frequent, though you will need to cab it or bus ride from the ferry dock on Moorea to the hotel.

The IC Tahiti is nice, and the Friday evening show at the lagoon is usually spectacular, but the laid-back luxurious ambiance on Moorea contrasts so much with the IC Tahiti, on our five trips to French Polynesia we have chosen this property as "home" and a great way to wind down and prepare for the trip back to our home in our islands.

Yo and thanks! Have been to the IC Moorea last time in Tahiti during the cruise and loved it. My only concern about going there post cruise is the 0735 Air France flight Sunday morning. Don't think there's a ferry that early. I guess we could do one night in Moorea and one in Tahiti, Thanks again!

Manava Suite Resort is excellent . BUT only one in house restaurant with very rich old style boring French cuisine. Dont expect gorgeous selection of tropical fruits at breakfast either, it is all canned **** - unbelievable !!!

BUT then everything in Papeete is overpriced to buggery, as it all comes 20,000 kms from France - not from nearby New Zealand and Australia .

But 10 minutes down the road overlooking the lagoon two great eateries in The Blue Banana and Captain Blighs . Walk out front door of Manava and turn right .

We stayed an extra night and half day at Le Meridien in Tahiti and had a fabulous time. The rooms were modern, the grounds were lovely, and the pool was very nice. We spent a little time at the Intercontinental at the very end of our trip (it was on the way to the airport). At a glance, it appeared nicer than Le Meridien and appeared to have more amenities/activities, but we thought the grounds at Le Meridien were prettier. You'd probably be pleased with either place.