Costa - Dubai - Embarkation

LIMPIT

Correction! Not knickers! Bloomers!

No correcion needed, from Urbandictionary:

knickers

Knickers is the correct terminology for a womens undergarments, the undergarment which is not a bra.

Other names are given for different styles of knickers as seen below.

The thong

The granny panties - which actually should be defined as granny knickers, but I'll let the people off seeing as most of these people are American.

Limpit I agree there should not be any problem especially for Costa they win if you board a day later. A pain for you though with the added cost of a hotel. I'm thinking about trying to change my flight and arrive a day later but it is more than likely going to cost me.

Have now received confirmation from TA after they had spoken to Costa that embarkation is not expected to commence until 8pm, with cabins not available until 9.30pm on 23rd December out of Dubai, the good news is that they agreed to fund the cost of a Day Room at a Hotel for the inconvenience.

However we have decided to stay overnight at Le Meridien and get a good nights sleep, and enjoy dinner without all the hassle. We have to board by 8am the following morning, so our transfer is booked to pick us up at the Hotel, and board with a hour to spare. Our TA has also agreed to share the cost of our stay in Le Club Royal Executive Room in lieu of the Day Room which is much appreciated, so we can enjoy a early check in, use of pool and Club Lounge, and complimentary private transfer from the airport to the Hotel, much appreciated.

They have also notified that we officially have until 9.30am to disembark the ship on our final day, however this may be open to negotiations with Costa for a later time, no details of time cabin is to vacated has been received.

So glad I have seen this post

We are staying overnight at the meridian fairway on the 22nd and just assumed that we could go to ship and embark around lunchtime on

The 23rd. Will be strange with a young child not being able to embark until 8pm then not getting rooms until 21:30

And does seem bad that have to be out of cabin by 05:30 on 30th this cruise seems to be getting shorter and shorter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back from cruise that sailed on the 23rd and when boarding around 8pm we received a sheet with the following on:

"Contrary to what is reported on the cruise ticket (boarding 8.00pm), we would to offer a better service and comfort to you our guests and are pleased to welcome you on board starting from 3.00pm. Whilst waiting for your cabin to be ready (approximately 6.00pm) the self service buffet Colombo, deck 9 will be opened from 3.00pm until 6.00pm. An announcement through the loudspeaker system will be done to inform you as soon as the cabins will be ready. "

It's a shame we didn't know we could board earlier but we chanced it and got there about 6pm and got straight on and were able to get our room straight away which was a bonus

Did you all enjoy the cruise ? We loved the weather and the cabin was crew were all lovely

Typical Costa Cock Up !!!

However we loved our Dubai overnight stay on 23rd, walked on with no one at the terminal on 24th at 9am.

We enjoyed our cruise, met a few nice people, enjoyed ports.

Whilst the ship was spotlessly clean and staff were all very good, we wouldn't sail with Costa again, entertainment outside the theatre was very poor, as was the food generally.

Whilst the cruise represented good value for money, we are looking forward to cruising again with Carnival later in the year.

I will post a detailed review of the cruise.

Advice please....

Our Dubai cruise embarks next Friday and our flight doesn't arrive until midnight on Friday. Presume our transfer will take us immediately to the ship and we can embark straightaway? Am just a bit concerned that it is stated above embarkation on day 2 starts at 8.30am. Don't fancy an 8 hour wait to embark!

Also, if we can get on the ship immediately, will we be able to get anything to eat and drink?

Many thanks

Your transfer should take you straight to the ship and you should be onboard quite quickly. We were told by people that some had flown in at that time and found nothing available to eat, so you might be better grabbing something in the airport on the way through just in case.

• 4 weeks later...

We are a family of four from the Netherlands and will go onboard costa Fortuna friday 19 Februar. We plan to board around 19.00 hours. Does anyone know if you can a diner that evening or is the buffet open that night? Thanks in advance for an answer. :)

We are a family of four from the Netherlands and will go onboard costa Fortuna friday 19 Februar. We plan to board around 19.00 hours. Does anyone know if you can a diner that evening or is the buffet open that night? Thanks in advance for an answer. :)

We boarded around that time and were able to eat in the MDR, there was no assigned seating that night, not sure if the buffet was open or not the first night but certainly was for the remainder of the cruise.

Thank you for the quick replay. So even if we want to eat the first night around 8 o'clock that won't be a problem? So the buffet was open every night on the cruise? That is news! Did you went on cruise this year Januar 2016?

My son would like to know if they still have pizza slices for lunch like 3 years ago. I have heard this has changed last Year. Thank you again for replay.