Costa Fortuna - UAE Cruise 16- VISA for OMAN??

Coast11

me again!

I have just been looking at the Royal Caribbean cruise itinerary to compare, and have noted RC advise a visa is required for the ports of Muscat and Khasab.

This hasn't been mentioned to us by Costa. Do we need to do anything prior to embarkation at Dubai???

many thanks

I assume you have a British passport, in which case it must have at least 6 months valid, no visa is required.

I personally would not take notice what other cruise lines say as they are catering for other nationalities. Also visa requirements can change overnight.

Check the Foreign Office and Omani Embassy - London web sites for the most accurate information.

Edited by G.M.T.

When you embark in Dubai they will keep your passport and issue you with a credit card sized card to show when getting off in Muscat. Nothing was required in Khasab just your cruise card. Passports are collected before you arrive in Dubai. Quite straightforward really but we did wonder ourselves as never had passports kept before. I asked a member of crew who explained it was easier for immigration people in each port to merely come on board to check & stamp passports than having to do them individually in port, thus saving passengers time and inconvenience.

Ive done the route4 times with Costa and they keep your passport as the others have said and arrange visas on arrival at all the ports or give you a plastic card in Muscat. You do need to have a couple of empty pages in your passport as you collect a heck of a lot of entry and exit stamps on that silting.