Wifi package on the Divina

sugarnyc

How is the wifi on the Divina? I am planning on getting this package : Streamer: Experience the web in full, including audio calls and video sharing

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has recently had this particular wifi package.

Thanks!

We had that package on our Sept and Oct cruises on the Divina. It's much less expensive than wifi on other ships we have been on. It's also, in our experience, a bit faster (but still slow). One curious thing: on the September cruise the minutes seemed to last a very long time but on the Oct cruise they seemed to run down faster. I can't explain it because we did the same things both times. In any event my wife and I don't regret spending the money and would do it again.

How is the wifi on the Divina? I am planning on getting this package : Streamer: Experience the web in full, including audio calls and video sharing

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has recently had this particular wifi package.

Thanks!

We got that package in October on Divina. We got online each night and went to facebook, ebay, and a few other places. I have an online business, so I had to check my emails daily. I was worried that I was going to run out before the end of the cruise, however, the night before we got off the ship, I still had 1.6g left of the 2g that we started with.

I uploaded several photos to facebook, used facebook messenger to keep in touch with my children at home, and we had so much left at the end, that the night before we got off the ship, I watched The Walking Dead online. It started locking up on the streaming though (probably because everyone else was online at the same time), so I had to finish watching the last 20 minutes when I returned home.

We still had data remaining when we got off the ship.

Overall, we were glad we purchased it, and plan to purchase it again when we cruise on Seaside.

I'm on the ship now and have that package. I actually still have plenty of time/g's left. I've been on everyday and have uploaded pictures, reviewed emails, FB and phone calls. It's been great and not as slow as I thought. A few hiccups here and there with speed/service but nothing crazy.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your responses!! Very helpful!

I hope I can send some emails, check social media, and make a few wifi calls.

Did you purchase it prior to the cruise or while onboard?

My mom has the black card. Are there any discounts?

Thank you for your responses!! Very helpful!

I hope I can send some emails, check social media, and make a few wifi calls.

Did you purchase it prior to the cruise or while onboard?

My mom has the black card. Are there any discounts?

I purchased ours a few months before we cruised. If you purchase before you cruise, you get (I think) 20% more data to use.

Oh, and they don't tell you this beforehand, but once you get onboard, you have to register an account online for the internet. You don't use your online account that you have when you signed up for your cruise. This is an entirely different account that you have to sign up for.

Once you sign up by putting your name and room number (I think it asks for your room number), it will automatically open with your information and will know which package you pre-paid for. They really need to put something in your stateroom to explain this, because when we went to the internet cafe place to find out what we were suppose to do, it was a total chaos.

One more thing. We thought the package was for the cabin, but it's not necessarily. We got the streamer package. If you want to share pick one person to use their internet id that's on the cruise card and have them tell you what the password is. My partner was unable to login or create the account because I had already done it. So he accidentally bought another package. We got it straightened out, but it's not totally obvious that you can't use the two separate internet id's from the cards for the same package. Other than that, the streamer package has pretty good speeds, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing. We thought the package was for the cabin, but it's not necessarily. We got the streamer package. If you want to share pick one person to use their internet id that's on the cruise card and have them tell you what the password is. My partner was unable to login or create the account because I had already done it. So he accidentally bought another package. We got it straightened out, but it's not totally obvious that you can't use the two separate internet id's from the cards for the same package. Other than that, the streamer package has pretty good speeds, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that got a little confusing too. We had 2 laptops, and I was trying to set up my husband a separate account, and then I noticed that it was going to charge me again, so I went back to my account, and then just added his computer to my account. It knew which computer was using the data by either him logging in, or me logging in. We both logged in at the same time on our computers and it kept track of each computer individually. Once we figured it out, everything went smoothly after that.

I have a quick question about pricing. We are sailing next month and I got an email with a link to pre purchase internet. CLicked the link and the prices were about what I remembered them to be. I am interested in streamer for the week. Anyway, that link says the price is$79.90 so I clicked that link to purchase but that link now says the price is $119.00 per person. Can someone let me know what the recent prices have been?? Thanks in advance!!