arcadia

stapeler

going on arcadia for xmas on e deck seen some reviews on the ship and not sure if made a good choice any comments on an xmas cruise the food and e deck thanks

Ignore the reviews....people love to moan. Arcadia is a lovely ship. Different to Britannia, Azura and Ventura, but has a kind of understated elegance, rather than glitzy feel. Food was lovely when I was last on a cruise..no complaints. Whilst I am not a huge fan of the buffet, Arcadia's is a lot better set out than others . Cabins and balconies are a good size. You mention E deck but dont say where....if you are over the Palladium you might get some slight noise until the show finishes, but hey, you will be watching it - won't you?

You will have a fab time, go with an open mind. Nothing in this life is perfect...the same on any cruise ship. Wish I was going....

We were on Arcadia in October on D deck forward inside cabin which was nice and quiet. Food in the main dining room was fine but we didn't think the buffet was that good.....the food up there is spread out so make sure you look at all counters before you choose as a couple of times we got a plate of something and then noticed something elsewhere that we would have preferred!........there did seem to be fewer vegetables than in the past...plenty of green beans though!!!

Nice theatre but got busy early....we went half hour before the start upstairs and managed to get good seats....watch out for the pillars in the way of some seats.

We have had two Christmas cruises with P and O and loved them both:)

going on arcadia for xmas on e deck seen some reviews on the ship and not sure if made a good choice any comments on an xmas cruise the food and e deck thanks

Hi, Somehow we have sailed on Arcadia more than any other ship, she had a refit a few years back and is in a good state of repair. We were on her for 24 nights in September, with lots of sea days and enjoyed it.

Arcadia being adult only can attract an older passenger demographic, although at Christmas it may be different, we are on her for New Year.

Arcadia is a ship which seems to have a little bit of everything; a prom deck, a thermal suite, crows nest and a good selection of public areas.

I highly recommend the Ocean Grill, it is our favourite restaurant in the whole fleet and has a very reasonable charge, I would book for both menus if it is within your budget.

We found the MDR food to be very good, but sadly felt that the buffet was of a significantly lower standard than on previous sailings.

I hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Florry

I am very envious! I would love to be on Arcadia for Christmas. I've only sailed on her once but would definitely sail on her again. A lovely and elegant ship and I can imagine she would look and feel amazing once decked out in Christmas decorations. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Arcadia is wonderful; Christmas on a P&O ship is fantastic; the food is lovely; the staff are amazing .......... I could go on.

You really shouldn't read reviews - they're generally negative. I'm afraid most people like to moan. How many reviews do you read that are positive - not many.

Go on Arcadia and made your own mind up. If you go with a positive attitude in the first place I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. :)