WiFi / Fjords

freddie1974

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to pick up a mobile (and/or data) signal from a Norwegian cellular network for much of a Fjords cruise?

2. I've seen people say they have received extra minutes for booking WiFi prior to embarkation but for the life of me cannot see an option to book on the Cruise Personaliser - is this hidden, not available or PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) error?

Many thanks.

Wifi is certainly priced as a luxury item !

In the major towns and cities like Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger we found free wife locally in most eateries, likewise in Alesund and Gerainger. Even in Olden I came across a small house with about 30 crew sat outside as the owner opened her connection to all the days ships were berthed :-)

Whilst berthed anywhere in Norway I've never had a problem getting a mobile signal for calls - even in Svalbard !

I usually take a data package from 02 which is £1.99 for 24 hrs - it has a reasonable use proviso but for emails, Facebook and the like is fine. On board wifi is so expensive and generally very slow - personally would never bother as your own provider and free wifi in ports is fine for most people.

Edited by Sumdumgi

Wifi is certainly priced as a luxury item !

In the major towns and cities like Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger we found free wife locally in most eateries, likewise in Alesund and Gerainger....................

I wish my wife was free. Unfortunately she costs me a fortune!